Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the car for the first time yesterday after what seemed to be weeks of crappy weather in the NE. First noticed that the mirrors did not dip when put into reverse (although they would fold in) and soon after noticed that the drivers seat would not adjust (but the passenger seat would). Checked the fuses in under the dash and in the trunk. They were fine. Decided to turn the battery off and happily found that both issues were solved. Italian electronics, what gives?

·
Registered
431 Posts
battery switch off

I have the same issues except that only one mirror retracts. I am afraid to turn the battery switch off in case it asks me for CODE. I dont have the code card(s).
Also i found that my fuse for the drivers seat (RHD) blows so dont know what to do.

Has anyone encountered or did any procedure (eg. change battery) that required a code being asked for?

What and where is the fuse number/rating for the mirror dip please?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Drove the car for the first time yesterday after what seemed to be weeks of crappy weather in the NE. First noticed that the mirrors did not dip when put into reverse (although they would fold in) and soon after noticed that the drivers seat would not adjust (but the passenger seat would). Checked the fuses in under the dash and in the trunk. They were fine. Decided to turn the battery off and happily found that both issues were solved. Italian electronics, what gives?
Sloppy Firmware programming is the problem and when you switch off the power the firmware boots again and all of the error conditions are gone..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 04 coupe did not ask for any codes when the battery was turned off.

I believe there are 2 potential fuses that effect the mirrors, one under the dash (want to say #41) and one in the trunk (want to say #11). It's in the manual.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Because Mussolini made the trains run on time.

Italians, especially Italian women, the gender of all Maseratis, are unpredictable, fickle, difficult, moody, illogical, and possessors of physics outside human understanding. They also are gorgeous, wonderful, fleet, thrilling, sexy, and so very, very giving when caressed with loving hands.

So don't try to understand. Try to learn. And enjoy. And realize that your auto is a cross between Sophia Loren and the DeLorean with a Flux-capacitor, ready to take you places you've never been before in the presence of heart-stopping beauty.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts