Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
"Stole" my Anniversary Spyder off Ebay during the Depression in 2008. Dealer asked what I planned to do with it and I told him "drive the wheels off of it". At 90k miles, I figure I'm almost half-way there and rarely a day passes when I don't get a thumbs up from other drivers. The classic styling turns heads in any crowd and I've never even seen another one like it on the streets of Southern Cal. (Love it even more once I trashed the tech cloth for leather.)
Hi, I'm in SoCal too, would love to trade off the tech cloth for leather on my GS Spyder. Where did you get it done?

· Registered
2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder
38 Posts
"Stole" my Anniversary Spyder off Ebay during the Depression in 2008. Dealer asked what I planned to do with it and I told him "drive the wheels off of it". At 90k miles, I figure I'm almost half-way there and rarely a day passes when I don't get a thumbs up from other drivers. The classic styling turns heads in any crowd and I've never even seen another one like it on the streets of Southern Cal. (Love it even more once I trashed the tech cloth for leather.)
Don't know where you are on SoCal but there are several in LA and points South. Around 4-8 of us meet up at Redondo Beach Pier from time to time.

· Registered
2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder
38 Posts
I am on my second. I have a convertible GS that I love. It's unique (nobody has them), they're a blast to drive, and they're comfortable given the quality of handling. The last of the "Ferrari Era" Maserati's so they're not common and I suspect will eventually appreciate in value, although I really don't care as I truly love the car.
I also have a 'last of the "Ferrari Era"' convertible GS. Second ALL of the above.

· Registered
9 Posts
Timeless and down-right sexy and ageless styling, incredible engine and sound, stunning full leather interior (luckally no sticky buttons, although the stereo is crap that I never listen to especially when your have a naturally asperated Ferrari built V8), last of the handcrafed Maserati's. But best of all, I bought this beauty from a Mercedes dealership with 40k on the clock,a fresh service and a new clutch for $20k! Meriviglioso!

· Registered
2006 cc Coupé, ‘67 Jaguar Etype, ‘06 Jaguar XK8
14 Posts
I like sophisticated machinery. I’ve had quite a few Jags but I’ve mostly figured them out now. The Maserati is a new machine for me to wrap my head around. I love the CC transmission. Plus.. I’ve always wanted something Italian and Giugiaro is automotive design royalty.
I am just curious with all the Forum Members, why did you choose a 4200/GranSport?

Is it the styling, performance, exclusivity….how it makes you feel, do you like being different, the looks?

Kindly,
Stephen

· Registered
505 Posts
My journey with Maserati wasn't a fanfare... by 2006 I waited for Alfa's return to US for a dozen years with no sight of it, and there weren't anything interested to me on the market at time. With aging Alfas I went to look for something similar ( I was a 4-door guy ) and fell in love after having test drove a 2004 Quattroporte, but some how wife talked me into bringing home the GS instead, lol. No regret though! I enjoyed going places and arriving in style, got to listen to the engine at full song at track, then went home in comfort a la gran turismo tradition. The styling was classic and elegant in a subtle way, which was perfect for what I wanted.

· Registered
4 Posts
I am just curious with all the Forum Members, why did you choose a 4200/GranSport?

Is it the styling, performance, exclusivity….how it makes you feel, do you like being different, the looks?

Kindly,
Stephen
It's all of those things you stated, the car is a masterpiece in my opinion, an underrated supermarket, that once you start it up, it takes you to a different world, really unexplainable how this car makes me feel, but will never get rid of my gem!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts