Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all. I am currently leasing a new 2006 Coupe til 2010. How many of you current Coupe owners would trade it in for the Granstourismo? Personally, I like the Coupe's appearance better and the Grantourismo seems to be a bloated, luxury car? So, who prefers to own their Coupe for good? -Bob.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If I wanted some boring ass bloated GT with an auto I would buy an CL or a 6 series

would never get rid of my CC for a granturismo

·
Registered
84 Posts
GS for GT can't do it now

I love my GS, had it out for a nice spin this weekend driving over the GG with my little girl (well she's 10 now) in the front seat windows down. We look up and an F-22 flies right over the car (fleet week in SF). Car singing, Ella's having a blast just too good of a time to trade for a bigger slower coupe. If I had to change it would be for a DS Sport GT QP, the GT is toooooo big for a coupe, incredible looking car but not for me. But the QP is fantastic all around and is a bit more practical (don’t laugh to loud) then the GS.

p

·
Registered
835 Posts
not for the GT however I wouldn't go as far as qualifying a CL, a 6 series and GT in the same bucket.

·
Registered
478 Posts
No contest. I drove my GS to the Americana Manhassat yesterday, parked in the general parking lot with alot of Mas's, Ferrari's, Porsches. People oogle big-time over the GS. In the show area, Ferrari-Maserati of LI had a GranTurismo, I sat in it for a couple of minutes. Big feeling car. Beautiful car, but really an executive GT. For me, too polished. I like the feeling of strapping the GS on my back and pounding on it, rather than motoring in a more sedate style. BUT, this is my preference. I do think that for Maserati, the move from GS to GT was a well-calculated move into larger volume sales to the more comfort-loving public. BTW, the salesman there was talking about a 35 HP increase rumour for next year, for what it's worth.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
HI all. I am currently leasing a new 2006 Coupe til 2010. How many of you current Coupe owners would trade it in for the Granstourismo? Personally, I like the Coupe's appearance better and the Grantourismo seems to be a bloated, luxury car? So, who prefers to own their Coupe for good? -Bob.
No, thank you. I'll keep my Coupe for now. After the GT has a couple years under it (2 or 3) and the tweaked engine + F1 tranny have been out for a year, I'd consider it. But for now, I love what I'm driving.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
With the guys above. Love the somewhat rawness of the GS.

May trade up to a QP at some stage though and consolidate our two cars into one (second one is a Nissan Murano to slog the kids around).

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Interesting "mini trend" here. Most current owners seem to be sports car enthusiasts that do not see the GT as a "pure" sports car, whereas Maserati is targeting a true "GT" market, with more of a luxury sports coupe.

Can't blame them. Anything that keeps Maserati afloat and making spare parts for my Coupe is OK with me. ;-)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I currently lease my 4200CC until March 2009.
I saw and drove GT on a bussines trip in Stuttgart last week.
The car is awsome!!!
Luxury, refinement, quality, great transmission, (the auto is almost as good as the CC), smoothness and beuty are only a few good characterisations for the car.
Some others not so good are not as quick as the 4200, not as agile and seriusly more expensive.
But i will definately find a slightly used one on March 2009 to replace my 4200!
Preferably black, with titan chrome alloys and red interior!!!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
If the rumored future Spyder GT happens, then I can wait till then. Otherwise I might slide over to the AMV8 roadster. While not discounting Horsepower, I can live without having the biggest and mostest. Beauty and sensuous, OTH, is inherent from the getgo.

Someone will always have a bigger stick, whether a 1100hp Hennessey Viper or a Bugatti Veyron. But the Hennessey stills looks like a Viper (albeit, on steroids) and the Bugatti will always look like a constipated turtle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I wonder if the spyder would also be a two seater like the 4200 spyder, or a four seater?

I think the GT is a beautiful automobile, but a GT Spyder with two seats would be mind blowing!

With that said. . .I love my '05 CC. I've also got a bigger car for sloshing through rain, bad weather, etc. (MB E500). While I can understand Maserati's positioning with the GT, I'm hoping that they'll also offer something for the sport minded. :cool:

Perhaps a third model, not based on the Quattraporte.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not even a consideration....

I agree with everyone on this thread. I would never get rid of my coupe for a GT. I am sure the GT is super nice, but its just not as sporty. I love the design, the quirky F1 box, the tubi roar and the driving experience of our cars.

Now if they make a GT, with an F1 box and 100 more horses then all bets are off..

I would expect most people on this board to agree, since we all love our sporty Maseratis. However, I don't think Maserati really cares about us. We are not their target market anymore. We had our chance as the "poor mans Ferrari" and now its time to sell units and compete with Benz and BMW. Our niche was never profitable and we were Ferraris red haired bastard step child..

Maserati should have kept the GS alive and offered the GT as an addition to its stable. I just don't see many M6 or SL 55 or CL 55 drivers switching to big slower car like the GT. In addition, just talk warranty and service issues. There are 3 BMW and two Benz dealers in a 15 mile radius from my home. The one Ferrari Maserati Dealership is about 30 miles away.

Now talk price point... 120K for a new GT.... At 120K you could get a used Gallardo, Bentley GT or even an AM ( All have better numbers and fancy badges).

Since Maserati wants to "dumb down" its brand name according to its president, .. "people view Maserati in the same class as Ferrari and Lamborghini and its simply not the case..." Drop the GT price to 90K. Then leave enough room for a GT at 120K that can put up Ferrari like numbers.... Now you have an excellent badge with excellent performance and no competition at that price point...

Oh well, just wanted to vent. Love the coupe, Love the GS... LONG LIVE MASERATI.....

CM

·
Registered
530 Posts
Latest R&T posits a 4 seat spyder.

I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I wonder if the spyder would also be a two seater like the 4200 spyder, or a four seater?

I think the GT is a beautiful automobile, but a GT Spyder with two seats would be mind blowing!

With that said. . .I love my '05 CC. I've also got a bigger car for sloshing through rain, bad weather, etc. (MB E500). While I can understand Maserati's positioning with the GT, I'm hoping that they'll also offer something for the sport minded. :cool:

Perhaps a third model, not based on the Quattraporte.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll keep the Gransport

I think the Grantourismo is a beautiful car with georgous lines. But in terms of performance, I'll stick with my Gransport. It too is beautiful and still has the racing heritage that Fiat seems to want to forget with the Maserati line now.

I think they are really missing the boat here. Their cars are seriously lacking in the electronics category to compete with Mercedes and BMW. Those cars are loaded with much higher end features like Blue Tooth, better Satellite navigation, etc.

The Italians have always been known for the purity and performance of their cars. I think they need to stick with this mind set and keep the Maserati racing lineage. They will ulitmately lose many of us as customers if they try to compete in the luxo touring segment. If they want to do that fine, but let's not forget what made the badge what it is... For now, I'll keep enjoying my Gransport until it loses it's appeal, which won't be for a few years. I'm hoping by then, Maserati will come to their senses.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the fact is the GT is not targeted to the current coupe/spyder/gs owners.
it is targeted to new maserati buyers. not even the QP owners.

there is no effective performance improvement over the giugiaro car. sure it is updated on the looks and luxury.

in terms of marketing, i can see that they want to come out with a base GT first, and then in a couple of years, a GT Sport or Gransport version. obviously, they left all the current coupe/spyder/gs owners on their own while their car's warranty or lease runs out.

most owners would be more than happy to hold on to their coupe (GS especially) until something more powerful comes out.

oh, and did i say that most owners are not feeling that AT box...

·
Registered
82 Posts
The demand for the GT has been so great that people from Maserati of Houston have gone to Italy to demand increasing their allocation of cars from 2 cars per month to 4 (that is including QP) and increasing production lines of GT by converting some of QP lines to meet demand. This car will change the future of Maserati. I think it already has. There are 12 orders already at Maserati of Houston to be delivered next year.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, I honestly wish Maserati luck with their new target market. I suggest that you split this forum into models, particularly now that the new breed of Maserati is so different from what the majority of us comment on.
I would suggest you split the current Modern Maserati forum into two forums - one for the coupe/spyders/etc..., and another for the QP/QT.
While I am not interested in the QT, at least so far, I intend to keep my current spyder for quite a while, since it is such a blast to drive. I'd like to have a place to efficiently discuss our current cars, particularly as more and more of them age and we begin trading tricks and solutions for various aging problems.
This forum has been a lifesaver for me, and it is the most popular Maserati forum on the web.
Thanks
Mike

The demand for the GT has been so great that people from Maserati of Houston have gone to Italy to demand increasing their allocation of cars from 2 cars per month to 4 (that is including QP) and increasing production lines of GT by converting some of QP lines to meet demand. This car will change the future of Maserati. I think it already has. There are 12 orders already at Maserati of Houston to be delivered next year.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I bet most of them are going to wives in The Woodlands to drive to tennis and back...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts