Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about Jeff and FD, and will probably go his route with almost all I do, but are there others out there at decent price points? ECU? suspension?

Novitec seems quite high price wise.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Realistically, Formula dynamics products have the best support (Jeff) and effects for best bang for your buck while being the most effective products I would say on the market today for Maserati's. Go with the sport springs to improve handling immensely, then go for the DBW and ECM, and de-cat pipes. And I also have the BMC filter, as well. I also went for the brake upgrade, and it is also much much better over stock. Overall, the car is much more responsive, and crisper overall. Well worth the money if you ask me, because you start with an already fast car, and you tweak it to get the most optimal performance you can get from your italian exotic safely with after sales support for all your technical issues if any from FD and Jeff. The others offer superchargers for the gransport, at the cost of roughly half the market value for our cars at the moment! No good at all, if you go with the italian aftermarket companies to spend that kind of money, while of course getting crazy performance you would be overshooting the whole purpose of having your maserati.

Now, for the QP - which I have all the same mods above, except the sport springs since mine already comes stock with bilstein shocks. Its a different story. For the QP the effects are much much more noticeable as you are taking a luxury sports sedan, and making it into more of a sports car. Much more of a noticeable difference with the QP over the gransport, totally. I also have the Larini boxes, and they are amazing... the DBW is also a big improvement over stock, as I have the Automatica, I didn't expect it to, but totally different car once I added the mods. You will not be disappointed, and as such we are maerati owners, and also the discerning elite. We as maserati owners expect nothing but the best and that is the experience you can expect with the FD mods hands down, bar none. End of story. Period.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Story accepted! :)

I had the chance to take the car for a nice run from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, and back today, with the family. Drove reserved, but a little juice here and there. What gets me with this car is the split personality. Some days, I can't get over how smooth and svelt it was. Others, like today, I wonder why they can't be like other days. Most of the drive was I-95 or other highways. Today, the car was wandering all over. on/off ramps needed to be navigated instead of the car following the road, and the shift of the car's weight was quite noticeable. From the back seat, my older son said he felt the car leaning noticeably on turns. Engine wise, car really is solid. still learning shift patterns and stuff. I'm sure once Jeff comes out with DBW and ECU, it will boost performance considerably, but currently acceptable. My concern with the springs is the car becoming TOO FIRM. on certain bumps, car hit's 'em hard, on others it's like sitting in a cloud. Tried both sport and regular, each have their pluses and minuses. Although Jeff says the car can be lowered 2" conservatively, I don't think I'd go more than an inch, and 3/4" might work. that and the stiffer springs should do it. a sway bar would also add to helping, but might tighten a tad too much. It wouldn't help the lean though. Don't know which is the lesser of the two evils..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts