Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get a poll on who here is a daily driver on the coupe. I just wanted to see how many of you drive it everyday.

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use my CC as my daily driver

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I do. The only time I generally drive something else is when I need to carry my bike(s).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Daily drive

I drive it daily. Only times I drive the Merz is when need to load people and luggage or when I leave it at the airport parking.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sporatically. For a few months it was my only car. Then I inherited a truck, and that was my primary driver and the Mas got out for road trips, etc. Then I sold that truck and the Mas became my only car again for a while. Now I bought this huge pickup. It sucks in town, but I don't like taking the hotrod on short trips so I the truck is it. They end up getting about the same mileage. I put about 6k on the Mas in the year I had it, and about the same on the truck(s).

So in short, sometimes, hehe.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I try to drive mine as often as I could. I put about 1000 miles per month. I also ride a bike sometimes and drive another car for shopping something big or go where it is not safe for Maser.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My 2004 CC has been my daily driver since I bought it 2+ years ago.

I now have 21000 miles on it and the only real problem was the F1 pump which was replaced under warranty.

-dsd

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have been driving my CC as a daily drive for the past 2 years with 14,000 miles with no problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use mine as a daily driver for 9 out of 12 months a year. In those 9 months, I drive into the City of London each day, with a 70-mile round-trip. So for any of you out there that has experienced getting into and out of London in the rush hour, then you'll know the stress that it can put on a car, particulary one with the CC like my GS. That being said, @ 12,500 miles, the clutch wear was measured as I was worried it was on its way out based on all the historinics (well justified in my opinion) on this and other sites about clutch wear. In my case, the clutch was was measured @ 19% for 12,500 miles! I was shocked to be honest.

I have read many threads stating that the reduction in clutch wear is directly proportional to the time the clutch is being engaged so just floor it all the time and this seems to have been taken up by many as the optimal Modus Operandi. I rally semi-pro (wish I could earn enough from it to give up the day job!) and have driven most cars and clutch systems including the latest sequential WRC boxes. I have always feathered the Maser clutch to keep it under 1,000 revs until it is fully engaged and the car is rolling, particulary in town stop-start slow-down speed-up traffic like in rush-hour. This means that the clutch is being engaged longer but you are NOT putting the load on it. Also, you do not get the clutch slip-judder or the transmission-jerking.

I do drive the car enthusiastically but there's no point burning out the clutch in traffic.

I have had the car new since March'05 and it took me a long time to arrive at the optimal driving style for me, the car and the clutch. I am lucky to be a rally driver and also have 5 other cars of my own at my disposal so am used to changing styles all the time to suit the car and conditions.

Stu

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Stu - you and Glenn should compare notes! I know he does some rallying in the USA as well. I've always wanted to try it myself. We have a course nearby in Roush Creek, but none of my STi-driving friends has offered up their car for a sound thrashing yet... ;-)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I use my '03 GT as a daily driver and although it is not ideal in stop start rush hour traffic (I live in London and drive to and from work) the car appears up to the job. Its not nearly as easy to drive in town as my previous M5 but it always brings a smile to my face when I get in and start it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have used my GS as a daily driver since it was new in March. I am thoroughly enjoying it and it refreshing to be 'driving' again after the dull German efficiency of the RS6 I sold.

·
Registered
824 Posts
RickBullotta said:
Stu - you and Glenn should compare notes! I know he does some rallying in the USA as well. I've always wanted to try it myself. We have a course nearby in Roush Creek, but none of my STi-driving friends has offered up their car for a sound thrashing yet... ;-)
OT a bit: I've had a pretty sucky rallying year. A cracked block ended one event before it started, my attempt at winning the top winter regularity rally in North America 3 times in a row ended with a burst water pipe at home, and work has made attending other events impossible. I did sell my STi, but still have my historic rally car (Mk II Cortina GT), just rebuilding the engine now.

BTW I barely drove my STi once I got my coupe, and insurance was so expensive I couldn't justify keeping it sitting in the front yard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, I live in Fulham and since I love cars so much, hate public transport, and have a garage under the office, I drive into the City everyday.. the car goes well.. :)

Only probs that I have are related to some vibrations at 2500 rpm :mad: (see other vibration post) and the retractors keep making the window rattle.

Otherwise it's not unhappy in traffic.. albeit not as easy as a Beemah with the Steptronic. But the beemah has no spirit, no soul.. ! And couldn't have left the bright yellow 911/996 behind as I did on Park Lane the other day.. :cool:

Pall Mall flat out in Sport is, well, is joyful.
:D

·
Registered
742 Posts
From Garage to Garage....

I drive my car all the time unless it is raining or snowing. I have a parking garage at my office.

The car has never been in the snow, and was caught two times in the rain.

I am a detail nut, so it has never been to a car wash. It has about 4 layers of ZAINO on the paint by orbital. There is even one coat under the hood...

CM

1 - 20 of 76 Posts