Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clear side markers, tint and front grille questions for 2006 QP

Hello everyone

I just purchased a 2006 Maserati Quattroporte with 22K miles - grigio alfieri with black interior. Unbelievable car, I absolutely love it especially now that I got one (been looking for months)

Now, I am trying to do a couple of quick mods to it and had some questions:
- are there any after market (already asked the dealer and said no OEM) replacements for the orage side markers in the front bumper? Looking for clear or white, obviously. Or is there a film I can apply?
- what do people think about painting the front grille flat black (any pics maybe)? I would obviusly not have the emblem and oval chrome piece around it, just the slats.
- also, tint - yes or no? I know, matter of preference but wanted to see if there is a consensus. I've always had 20% all around on my high end cars...

Thanks everyone, will be visiting this regularly now :)

Sergio

·
Registered
134 Posts

Since my 06 QP is black and has sport mesh grill, I have been thinking of painting the mesh part black to match car and leaving chrome trim ring and emblem chrome. Still undecided because I want to see a pic first. Also, I originally planned to change tail lights with the new 09 LED tailights. When I spoke to local dealer, they said that although they would fit, the wiring is slightly different and has caused error messages on car for 1 or 2 customers that did it. Also, he says that because it is a different type of light bulb (LED vs Incandescent), the turn signal flashes much fast. I have been considering a company I found that can rebuild factory headlights and tailights with different color lenses or paint or tint them professionally, www.lightwurkz.com. I was almost thinking of either completely tinting just the red part and leaving the white part showing, or having them redo tailight in all white\clear except for red circle. If I do light in all clear, I can also have them black out some of it to make a horizontal striped pattern like S550. Here are examples from their website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool, but can they do custom clear side markers? I assume you cannot paint the orange to white, right? I guess the color of the vehicle (if they can match it) would work as wel...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.