Maserati Forum banner

While it's in the shop...

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  BILLWOLK 
#1 ·
My '03 Spyder GT (21K miles) is getting a new clutch, TO bearing, and flywheel refinishing. Also a new hydraulic line (the last one was leaking - my indie thinks this is why the clutch went at 20K miles).

Is there anything else I should have them do while it's torn apart and I'm waiting for parts?

Thanks,

-H

Discussion starter · #10 ·
... thanks for all the replies...still in negotiations

... to further the story

I called my indie and discussed my concerns (pretty good shop, the biggest indy for ferrari, lambo etc in the region), and they claim that there should be no problem resurfacing the flywheel.:confused:

As this replacement was part of my purchase agreement when I bought the car used, I'm dealing with a third party as well (the Merc dealership where I bought it). They don't seem keen to pay for a new flywheel (they lost a lot on the sale). I'll keep on them, or just pay for a flywheel myself...

In terms of driving the car after all fixed (one way or another), what should I do to break the clutch in, and hos can I test it to see if they did a good job?

Thanks for all the replies! This board is the reason I bought a Maser (I live by the M5Board as well, and this site is just as helpful).

-H

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.