Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Clutch woes

My '03 Spyder GT (21K miles) is getting a new clutch, TO bearing, and flywheel refinishing. Also a new hydraulic line (the last one was leaking - my indie thinks this is why the clutch went at 20K miles).

Is there anything else I should have them do while it's torn apart and I'm waiting for parts?

Thanks,

-H
By coincidence, my 03 Coupe is in the shop right now for a new throw out bearing and possibly a clutch (I'll know how it looks once they get it apart). :mad: It's a 6 speed, so no hydraulic line issues -- just a bad bearing.

Why the flywheel refinishing? I'm looking forward to hearing what the other forum members have to say about what else to do while it's apart. If you learn anything important, please PM me. Thanks.

Best -

Bill

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same here. New clutch disk, pressure plate, thrust bearing, and flywheel at 15K on an '04 GT = $4K CDN.
Great price. I was just quoted $4,700 US for the same repair from my dealer (The Collection in Miami). Of course, with the current exchange rate, that might be $4K Canadian....;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would be concerned about resurfacing the flywheel. Where in Alberta do you live?
I talked to my dealer about this and was told they can resurface the flywheel if the damage is superficial. In my case, it wasn't -- plus I wanted the peace of mind of a new one since I'm already spending the labor to have the clutch torn down.

Long story short, just got the car back from the dealer. Spent $4K+ on a new clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing. In the process, they adjusted they shift linkage and replaced the diff. oil. As expensive as it was, it was worth every penny. The car drives great - better clutch action, smoother and shorter engagement. I didn't realize what I was missing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.