Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove an 03 and an 02 coupe CC. Both cars are the same great performance on the road -- I estimate every 4th person that you pass turns around to get a better look!

I have a choice:
a. 03 with no options (just bi-xenons, no roof liner) and 2.5 years
warranty
b. fully loaded 02 with 1 year warranty and leather roof liner.

same price, same mileage. which would you choose?

thanks in advance for your advice...

·
Registered
835 Posts
'03. The only option, in my personal opinion, that's really worthwhile is the auto damping system. Warranty is important on these babies when we are being charge 135USD an hour. Body style and ferrari engine is really what you'll need. There are some '04s going for 65K on ebay. Go check it out. I can guarrantee you if you keep it shiny and glossy everyone you pass will turn...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Agreed. The warranty is key and a big determinant if you decide to resell the car in the near future. The only option that I'd miss would be the leather headliner and the suede sun visors. I would even forgo the Skyhook option as I'd then be able to throw on some proper aftermarket coilovers. You didn't mention color.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your replies -- kind of validates the way I was going.

Colour is azzuro (light blue) on blue medio -- nice combo, but not necessarily what I would choose (I love the tobacco or Bordeaux interiors I've seen). The dealer says he can install the leather headline for $2K bit does not reccomend it because it can come loose as a result of vibration.

No skyhook -- I still don't quite uinderstand the difference between skyhook and the sport/power mode.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Nevinsimon,

Are the cars located in Toronto (FoO)? Can you say how much the dealer is asking for?

I'm looking at a '03 almost identical car from FoQ in Montreal:
http://www.ferrariquebec.listingauto.com/en/usedcars/listing/details.spy?id=456869

As I mentioned in my other thread, the car has 18000km on it. 3 more years of factory warranty. However, the differential of the car was replaced (under warranty) last week. Asking price 72.5k CDN. I'm trying to negotiate to lower the price but the dealer wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nevinsimon said:
No skyhook -- I still don't quite uinderstand the difference between skyhook and the sport/power mode.
Skyhook: sport mode on - faster CC shifting, suspension stiffens and adjusts according to the road conditions (bumps etc...)
sport mode off - slower (normal) CC shifting, skyhook off (no suspension adjustment)

No Skyhook: pwr mode on - faster CC shifting, no suspension adjustment (normal suspension)
pwr mode off - slower (normal) CC shifting, normal suspension

I test drove both versions and decided to buy no skyhook version. It did not make signifficant difference to me. In fact, I always drive in pwr mode which means in skyhook version sport mode on and skyhook on all the time and thats to stiff ride for everyday use for me.

Have fun,

J. Lunar

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jack Huang: I think this is the same car -- I have purchased it from FM Quebec. Didn't get much of a discount, but they are doing alot of service -- replacing a tire, did the 18.5K service and other nice little add ons. I get 3 years' warranty and the car drives like a dream. Otherwise, it only has bi-xenons. i'm quite happy with the purchase and look forward to picking it up next week...!

Luna GTA : thanks for demystifying this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Nevinsimon,

Congrat on your new purchase!! You beat me to it! Do you mind telling how much discount (i/e/ % or $) you got. Jean Francois from FoQ has another 2003 Black/tan coupe cambriocorsa coming in this morning and is asking the around the same price range.

I personally like to blue/silver exterior because it's much easier to take care of.

Jack

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got a 2004!!

:D

I decided to get a new 2004 argento luna/blue cambiocorsa coupe from FoQ. Not much option except xenon lights. Dealer asked 95k and got it for 90k Cdn. I'm looking forward to pick up the car on Friday. I will post pics this weekend.

What's everyone's thought about driving the car for all 4 seasons (i.e. in light snow)? Am I crazy to even think about it? I sold my 996 C4 which I found to be a blast to drive in the winter, especially go skiing at Tremblant.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
A guy I know is a pro race driver in the Rolex Series. He assures me that any car with true snow/ice tires, like Blizzaks, can outperform most SUV's with all-season tires in the snow. I would tend to believe him. The downside is that you need an extra set of wheels, and you'll have more road noise/poorer handling/limited top end speed when they're mounted.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Get the 03 unless they lower the price. Options don't help that much when you're selling a car. At the end of the day the 03 is still worth more.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey;

I'll just post a friendly little reminder that we have many cars for sale, both posted in the Market section of this site, as well as on our website. We work hard to keep our customers happy, and would be very happy to help anyone on this list find the perfect car.

- Mark

Http://www.maseratiofminneapolis.com

PS: How many other dealerships out there are as active here as we are? Help us stay involved! (PS. I am not a salesperson for Maserati - I do their advertising\internet work, but I love cars in general, and especially these cars, which is why I am here. I don't get paid to do this.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Nevinsimon,

You must be excited to pick up your Maserati today!!

I find silver car much easier to take care of, especially in Montreal where we get rain, snow, freezing rain..etc. The black/tan car is beautiful but I always wanted a car with a sliver/blue exterior.

Congrat once again!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
Nevinsimon
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing