Maserati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes that's correct. To my surprise, 2108 & 2019 Conv. MC don't have the big center hood scoop. Originally they only come with the two small scoop on the right & left of the hood near the windshield on the top. I've only seen a couple of Conv. MC with the big center hood scoop.
As you can see from my pic, my MC convertible has no scoop.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Now that production has ended let me ask the question that I always wanted to ask. I know that opinions are personal but does the Sport Coupe or MC
coupe look better to you. I’ve had this debate with friends. Some think the purity of the Sport looks better then the more muscular MC. Mechanically
they are identical but the rear and side views are very different. Is the interior of the MC a bit over the top? Thanks for your response.
I'm an MC guy and have owned both. Mechanically, they aren't identical. Exhaust, suspension, throttle mapping off the bat are different. Interior wise, it can be over the top, if one opts for too much CF in it. However, mine is more simplistic.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yes that's correct. To my surprise, 2108 & 2019 Conv. MC don't have the big center hood scoop. Originally they only come with the two small scoop on the right & left of the hood near the windshield on the top. I've only seen a couple of Conv. MC with the big center hood scoop.
The big hood scoop I recall being on the centennial edition, the standard is the 2 small sunken vents.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how do you park a Maserati in NYC?
Depends on the year ..if it’s an early model with a good number of miles on it and its market value worth is about $ 25 K , you park it the same as you would a Toyota Camry ; care free. Well, at a fiscal concern level that is, at an emotional level it’s a whole other story .. I’d be so paranoid I’d park it with a full body bubble wrap around it . ( probably same as in Rome, where at least 50 % of the cars on the street have some dents in them ) .

·
Registered
723 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how do you park a Maserati in NYC?
I don't! LOL

I'm in the "metro area", which includes 3 counties outside of the 5 boroughs. Westchester, Rockland and Nassau.I currently own a home w/ a 3 car garage in Westchester, which is 20 min north of the Bronx Border. However, when I lived in Manhattan w/ my M3, I would park in a garage for monthly fee.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't! LOL

I'm in the "metro area", which includes 3 counties outside of the 5 boroughs. Westchester, Rockland and Nassau.I currently own a home w/ a 3 car garage in Westchester, which is 20 min north of the Bronx Border. However, when I lived in Manhattan w/ my M3, I would park in a garage for monthly fee.
I don't! LOL

Gotcha, was in NYC last month and kind of a culture shock. Big difference from small town Kentucky. Couldn't imagine trying to park my car there.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't! LOL

I'm in the "metro area", which includes 3 counties outside of the 5 boroughs. Westchester, Rockland and Nassau.I currently own a home w/ a 3 car garage in Westchester, which is 20 min north of the Bronx Border.
Gotcha, was in NYC last month and kind of a culture shock. Big difference from small town Kentucky. Couldn't imagine trying to park my car there.
I was born and raised here, so can only imagine how it must have felt to you. I feel same way when I venture out of the area...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought all MC CONV have the side vents.
There are basically 2 or 3 GT models depending on the year: Base, Sport and MC. All true MC models will have the side fender vents and the center exit exhaust. Those are the two easy things to identify a MC model. On the interior the dash emblem over the glove box will have a red MC on the end. The thing people get confused with is that you can add many of the MC Sportline options onto the base or Sport model cars, but that doesn't make them a MC. You can't add the side vents or center exhaust as factory options to Base or Sport models. Maserati sure doesn't help with their naming schemes. When I was looking for my car tons of dealers advertised cars as GT MCs, but they were not.
MC Dash.jpg

21 - 32 of 32 Posts