Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that production has ended let me ask the question that I always wanted to ask. I know that opinions are personal but does the Sport Coupe or MC
coupe look better to you. I’ve had this debate with friends. Some think the purity of the Sport looks better then the more muscular MC. Mechanically
they are identical but the rear and side views are very different. Is the interior of the MC a bit over the top? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
536 Posts
the MC definitely looks better to me, that front and rear fascia make it.
the interior is about the same, but the MC opts for carbon trims which can be had on other GTs as well.
the cluster is slightly different aesthetically, not in shape or function.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Red MC badging on passenger side dash and MC door sills look good!

anyone here have a MC with suede on dash?

·
Registered
189 Posts
MC for the win

·
Registered
25 Posts
FRONT PRE 2018 SPORT, SIDE & REAR MC

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sport Coupe. Elgance and what it was really meant to be. Not a sports car

·
Registered
26 Posts
I leased a 2017 GT Sport and just recently upgraded to 2018 MC Coupe.
One thing I noticed immediately was MC has tighter suspension and you definitely have better control around the turns. MC has noticeably a rougher ride which I really like.
The engine roar on the MC is louder than GT Sport due to the titanium exhaust pipes. This is more noticeable when driving at Auto Sport mode.
MC is definitely has a meaner front look because of the large hood center-vent and the other two smaller vents on the top of the hood. GT Sport has no vents on the hood.
MC also has a side vents near the front wheels which you don't see on the GT Sport.
And of course the exhaust pipes at rear are totally different on the MC. They look more sportier.
I guess it comes down to personal choice but MC is the winner for me.
"The initials MC stands for Maserati Corse, (Corse means Racing in Italian). MC is a slightly more civilized version of the Stradale MC offered in Europe, which is a 2-seater designed primarily for track use".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sport coupe with the mc hood, that engine needs all the airflow it can get. But as others said, the elegance and refinement are what this car is about, not screaming go fast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sport coupe with the mc hood, that engine needs all the airflow it can get. But as others said, the elegance and refinement are what this car is about, not screaming go fast.
No Its not just about "screaming go fast". As I said, the MC has a much stiffer ride and way better handling (at least comparing 2017 GT Sport vs 2018 MC) and for someone who owned both Sport & MC I can tell you this is very noticeable.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
With the stipulation that it’s all subjective, so purely a matter of personal taste ..the GTS is the only choice for this car as far as I’m concerned ; elegance at its best . The MC is a wannabe sports car, but it simply can’t, and will never be that . All the CF trim and exhaust configuration that comes with the MC is nothing more than marketing fluff , IMO.
Not sure why Maserati made two versions of this car, both with the same power ..if they had a factory, or alternatively a Novitec supercharger you can add, I could understand , otherwise I don’t see a purpose for the MC “pretend” model . But again, to each his own, so if you lobe the MC, it’s all good ..the MC is just as great as the as the GTS ..but not “ better “ or nicer by any stretch of the imagination ..IMHO .

·
Registered
54 Posts
The MC looks better in convertible form than the base/sport and holds value better. Even on the wholesale end of things. I was just at Mannheim last month about a 6 K difference on the wholesale end between the base and MC. On the sport vs MC it’s about a 3 K difference wholesale. I’m using 2014 and 2015 converts models as a reference. The difference is more on a car only 2 year’s old. Hope that helps for anyone looking.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
No one buys ( or should buy ) these cars for their resale market value .. so anyone looking for a GTS or MC , should go with what appeals to them aesthetically , and no other considerations.. IMO .
But that hood center scoop is certainly attractive to me..too bad the GTS did not have it ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
The MC looks better in convertible form than the base/sport and holds value better. Even on the wholesale end of things. I was just at Mannheim last month about a 6 K difference on the wholesale end between the base and MC. On the sport vs MC it’s about a 3 K difference wholesale. I’m using 2014 and 2015 converts models as a reference. The difference is more on a car only 2 year’s old. Hope that helps for anyone looking.
The base starting prices of 2018 Coupe are $134.3K for GT Sport and $151.7K for MC . ($17K difference).
And base starting prices of 2019 Conv are $150.9K for GT Sport and $164.9K for MC. ($14K difference).

·
Registered
54 Posts
The base starting prices of 2018 Coupe are $134.3K for GT Sport and $151.7K for MC . ($17K difference).
And base starting prices of 2019 Conv are $150.9K for GT Sport and $164.9K for MC. ($14K difference).
The example I was giving was used market
not on a new car
For the used market I’d rather have an MC for 5K difference
Buying new I wouldn’t pay 20K more on Mc vert but used it’s a no brainer IMO
(y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
With the stipulation that it’s all subjective, so purely a matter of personal taste ..the GTS is the only choice for this car as far as I’m concerned ; elegance at its best . The MC is a wannabe sports car, but it simply can’t, and will never be that . All the CF trim and exhaust configuration that comes with the MC is nothing more than marketing fluff , IMO.
Not sure why Maserati made two versions of this car, both with the same power ..if they had a factory, or alternatively a Novitec supercharger you can add, I could understand , otherwise I don’t see a purpose for the MC “pretend” model . But again, to each his own, so if you lobe the MC, it’s all good ..the MC is just as great as the as the GTS ..but not “ better “ or nicer by any stretch of the imagination ..IMHO .
Do all MC's have the hood scoop?

·
Registered
26 Posts
14 and newer and I believe on the convertibles it was an option so not all MC verts will have them.
Yes that's correct. To my surprise, 2108 & 2019 Conv. MC don't have the big center hood scoop. Originally they only come with the two small scoop on the right & left of the hood near the windshield on the top. I've only seen a couple of Conv. MC with the big center hood scoop.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts