Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my exhaust system on my 4200 GT but which model i have to take ?
i want a louder sound exhaust than my original exhaust.
I like the sound of ferrari 360 modena exhaust.

·
Registered
237 Posts
tuuuuubiiiii....i had it, and it made the house vibrate when pulling out in the morning....my wife loved that (not).

·
Registered
773 Posts
sound bites

i do not really want to pour cold water on tubi or any other brand, but listen to strait pips for max or rear mufflers for moderate step. about $50.00 test at shop[

·
Registered
237 Posts
dealer or maybe "MVP" (on these boards) would know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
listen,

i got straight pipes for the back, and it sound great. it is not too loud, the only thing you need to pick are some good tips for the end.

i have been next to cops on many occasions and they have not puled me over. it will cost you maybe $150 for the tips and $50 for the labor.

do a search on the forum for straight pipes and you will see the results.

remember that the coupe has a Central muffler/ resonator that will help so it doesnt sound to crazy. now, if you wanted to scream like a ferrari, then just take that central one off as well and just put straight pipes all the way down.

it will sound glorious...

good lock,

-willie

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well you can get the Tubi, Modena-Tec, Leo Nardo, Billy Boat, Kreis-sieg are the biggest sellers for us. If you want to give me a call at 940-683-8100 or email me at [email protected] I would be more than happy to consult with you to determine which exhaust is best for your goals and budget.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks MVP but for me waht is the best choice ( i have a 4200 gt 07/2002)
i want a great sound like modena 360.
waht is the best for a good price.
is difficult to install it ?
i live in France
thanks so much

·
Registered
10 Posts
willie said:
listen,

i got straight pipes for the back, and it sound great. it is not too loud, the only thing you need to pick are some good tips for the end.

i have been next to cops on many occasions and they have not puled me over. it will cost you maybe $150 for the tips and $50 for the labor.

do a search on the forum for straight pipes and you will see the results.

remember that the coupe has a Central muffler/ resonator that will help so it doesnt sound to crazy. now, if you wanted to scream like a ferrari, then just take that central one off as well and just put straight pipes all the way down.

it will sound glorious...

good lock,

-willie

Hi Willie,

When you say straight pipes all the way are you reffereing to mid pipes? I have straight thru mufflers and am looking to buy some mid pipes but as far as i know these only run from the centre section to the mufflers. Is there a system that replaces the centre section as well? And if so does it take out the secondary cat's as well.
For a picture of what the midpipe section is alone see www.larinisystems.com who have the sports midpipes, is the system you mention beyond this?

Many thanks

Zak

·
Registered
513 Posts
from my personal experince..

My car came with a Tubi installed. Once I got it, I removed the center resonator and put in straight pipes from the CAT to the Tubis. I come from the background of Loving Loud cars with almost all my cars having aftermarket exhausts.

with the Maserati, w.Straight pipes, I found it was WAY too loud. Loud to the point that People, car lovers, people who have no idea about cars, looked at me in a negative way. I felt like an A-hole most of the time. I felt it brought attention to the vehicle in a manner other than appreciating the Beautiful lines of the car.

as they say YMMV....I ended up using Resonated Straight pipes which I love, added a bit more than a Tubi alone

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was lucky enough to buy used Tubis on the bay in Uk.Very happy with them. My main concern was the ECU. I did not want any errors or messages. I was very lucky. Well worth every penny. "If you have the means, then I highly recommend you pick one up"-as stated by Ferris Bueller!

BTW fit em yourself and save the money!

·
Registered
681 Posts
hart07 said:
Thanks MVP but for me waht is the best choice ( i have a 4200 gt 07/2002)
i want a great sound like modena 360.
waht is the best for a good price.
is difficult to install it ?
i live in France
thanks so much
It's a fairly basic exhaust install. To be honest no exhaust will make the 4200 sound like the 360, two different cars with two distinctive sounds.

There's a link to the Tubi exhaust already posted, here's a link to the Kreis-sieg- http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/index.php?page=detail&brid=9&mid=33&cid=51&oid=53&pid=63

There is a member here with a clip of the Mille Miglia, not sure if he's still here.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks so much MVP the krieg system is 5498 $ expensive.
My 4200 gt is a manual gear box not F1 Mode.
and you , you sell Tubi for my 4200 gt ( the sound is good , more louder than the original exhaust ?)
Could you send me sample of the sound ?
i have a personal mail : [email protected]
Thanks so much

·
Registered
246 Posts
Like several others, I have had the mod done where the rear mufflers are replaced with straight pipes, retaining the mid muffler and the cat converter. Sounds awesome, and waaaaay less expensive than a Tubi or other aftermarket system.
Something to consider.
Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To have a great sound i have tu put straight pipes only ?
where i can buy this straight pipes ?
And then what i remove to put this striaght pipes, the install is easy to do ?
And then i need to put mufflers at the end
thanks phil from France

·
Registered
681 Posts
hart07 said:
Thanks so much MVP the krieg system is 5498 $ expensive.
My 4200 gt is a manual gear box not F1 Mode.
and you , you sell Tubi for my 4200 gt ( the sound is good , more louder than the original exhaust ?)
Could you send me sample of the sound ?
i have a personal mail : [email protected]
Thanks so much
We carry the Tubi for the 4200GT, the price is $3,000

Here is a link to a Gransport with a Tubi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B5dFoIdeK8Y

not the greatest sound quality but may give you an idea.

I will try to find a more clear sound clip and email it to you.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
55 Posts
just finished install on the larini club sport centre section on my 2006 GS to remove the US cats, pre -cats are still in place, no check engine light. It sounds great. Nice low end growl, but really sings on the higher rpm's during full load. My neighbor has a murcielago and he says it sounds better than his. I wanted to keep the stock mufflers because of the ability to quite them down with the valve(sport mode). I spoke to a larini tech yesterday, and they are going to see if they can make there cat back system with the same valve as the stock(tubi) exhaust.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts