Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am planning on purchasing a car in the next 2 months. I would like some outside feedback as I am kinda stuck making up my mind.

I am looking to either get a 2008 Maserati GT or a 2006 Bentley GT. I'm looking to spend around $100,000 and I have tested both cars already and really like both of them very much for many different reasons.

Without going into my reasons first I would love to hear your thoughts before I posted mine.

Thank you for your time,

MLombardo

·
Registered
233 Posts
Kind of partial on this site...but both cars have their perks...choose wisely is the best I can tell you as I have never driven the Bentley.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
As others have stated... It all boils down to what your use is and what's most important to you.

Both cars have a fine history and are quality machines. I will say that the GranTurismo has often been referred to as one of the best looking cars ever produced. I have yet to hear that about the Bentley, although it is certainly a fine looking machine.

The Bentley is also known as a serious status symbol representing wealth with a lesser lineage in the performance arena.

Whereas the Maserati is the Luxury side of Ferrari and known for producing beautiful Gran Touring cars.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with what everybody else have said. Let me add also that you are comparing a one year old car to a car that is three years old. Both will probably have high maintanence cost in the future but the Gran Turismo will still have 3 years of warranty left! Also, I would highly recommend driving both cars if you can. The Gran Turismo is no light weight at over 4,000 lbs but the Bentley is over 5,000lbs. I know they have different engines, etc but you have to decide what is your top priority? Make a list of things you look for in car and see which car has more to offer. What a great dilemma to have.....good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I actually faced with a similar decision not too long, but I was comparing new to new. I chose the Bentley (cue the booing and hissing) but I had my reasons. If I was looking at a new Gran Turismo vs a used Bentley GT I definitely would have chosen the maser.

I went with the Bentley because...
1. $25k+ annual small business tax and mileage deduction in the states (weighs as much as an SUV)
2. It snows quite a bit where I live so I need at least one AWD car
3. From a strictly comfort standpoint it has a better ride than the maser
4. It's a monster in a straight line and can easily be tuned to produce an additional 100hp
5. The electronics are fantastic even though the interior is covered in plastic switches in order to control them.

Why I think you should pick the Turismo...
1. There is NO floor for Bentley GT depreciation and there are a TON of them on the road.
2. The Turismo is a far better looking car
3. Post warranty costs on the Bentley are atrocious... estimate at least $5K per year not including tires
4. The rear seats in the Bentley are a joke
5. The Gran Turismo is much more satisfying to drive
6. The Bentley gets a lot of hate and the Maserati gets a lot of curiosity. I have no tint on my Quattroporte and 15% tint on the Bentley.

...Hope that is helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Again,

I like to thank you for your input to start with. I think Minneapolitan Mike wrapped it up the best and covered all my thoughts I was thinking already.

I have driven both cars a couple of times but when it comes down to it I'm really leaning towards the Maserati. The car just looks and sounds amazing and even though it's a bit slower than the Bentley, I guess I would save a second or two of waiting at the next red light since the Bentley would get there first.

Plus, I really like the Bentley GTC deep down inside and the way the prices have been going I maybe able to pick up a GTC in a year or two at around $100,000.

Thank you so much again for your input.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here is how the purchase process works at my house:

The next (used) Car:

Wifey wants a Bentley Continental GT.
Hubby would rather have a F550/575.
We both like the Maserati GranTurismo.

The result will be:
Either the Bentley or Maserati.

I lost the right to win a decision years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts