Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 02 Spyder CC. Took it in for inspection and it failed because there was no hazard light button. The tech told me it should be where the blank is in the console. I checked the manual and the blank is for the optional front fog light button.

Anyway, the manual said the hazard light button is at the top of the control center. The car has an after market system and it appears there was never a factory control center, just a regular stereo. I've searched and can't find anywhere else the button would be. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be directly above the info screen. Rectangular button with the triangle on it.
Thanks for the reply and pic, but as I stated, there is an aftermarket unit installed. There is no info screen and the console appears as if there never was.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sounds to me like they "forgot" to relocate the hazard light button after they installed the aftermarket unit. To my knowledge the only place it comes from the factory is as part of the information screen.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
You may need to pull the aftermarket unit to find the original hazard switch dangling back there somewhere.....Then, you'll have to relocate it somewhere.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may need to pull the aftermarket unit to find the original hazard switch dangling back there somewhere.....Then, you'll have to relocate it somewhere.
Thanks for all the responses. If anyone knows a "friendly" inspection shop in the North Virginia area, I would appreciate a PM.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The easiest and cheapest way to do it yourself, seeing as how they messed up putting the aftermarket headunit in, would be to located the wire that led to the factory button and install a toggle switch (pick up at local hardware store for a couple bucks) to mount somewhere on your dash.

If you're handy it should cost no more than a couple dollars and a few hours of your time. Any custom shop I'd imagine would charge upwards of $100 for something like this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll probably have to do that. I swear I saw some Spyder's and Coupes with just a factory stereo and no info center. Where would the switch be on those?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am installing an after market radio. problem is the hazard switch is not just simple an on off. It is part of the printed circuit board and has two separate contacts that lead to microland !! Now what do we do? Does any one have a schematic of the board or the data on the computer that runs the body electrics?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Would like to see your set ups, maybe post a pic. Have you tried looking under arm rest? Heard of people relocating them there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts