Maserati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I got the last one ( the site noted “ only one left “ at the time I made the purchase ) , but not to worry, I’m sure he’ll restock that item very soon. With anything which that sells quickly, sellers usually order more right away.

Oh, and very important : make sure you click on “ check to see if this part fits your car “ link , you don’t want to end up with something which doesn’t work on the Maserati :ROFLMAO::)

·
Registered
381 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I got the last one ( the site noted “ only one left “ at the time I made the purchase ) , but not to worry, I’m sure he’ll restock that item very soon. With anything which that sells quickly, sellers usually order more right away.

Oh, and very important : make sure you click on “ check to see if this part fits your car “ link , you don’t want to end up with something which doesn’t work on the Maserati :ROFLMAO::)
he has separate listings for the same thing. Its just a emblem that can you can basically stick anywhere on the car

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,452 Posts
he has separate listings for the same thing. Its just a emblem that can you can basically stick anywhere on the car
Did you not get his sarcasm? 🙄

DSGT, stop with your clowning, you're confusing some people. 🤣

Reactions: IamStig01

·
Premium Member
720 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
The new space created between the Pininfarina and the Tricolore badges acts as an air flow tunnel, improving the car‘s aerodynamics. ;)

The big selling point for me was the cloisonne lacquer aspect ; I had a set of Porsche crest center caps with that finish and they lasted beautifully for more than 20 years without fading or peeling ,chipping etc. If these badges have that same level of finish, they’re well worth the $ 100 + price , IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
It was delivered today ! Pretty damn fast considering the mail delays due to the pandemic issues, customs check, etc. Will put them on tomorrow, fingers crossed they’ll adhere well to a ceramic coated car ( because of course I didn’t think about that before I spent $ 130 on them :rolleyes:😔 )

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,452 Posts
It was delivered today ! Pretty damn fast considering the mail delays due to the pandemic issues, customs check, etc. Will put them on tomorrow, fingers crossed they’ll adhere well to a ceramic coated car ( because of course I didn’t think about that before I spent $ 130 on them :rolleyes:😔 )
Just polish or compound the area where you're going to put the emblems to get rid of the ceramic coat.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Just polish or compound the area where you're going to put the emblems to get rid of the ceramic coat.
👍 👍. Was thinking about that, it’s such a small space and tucked under the Pininfarina badge, if I remove the ceramic coating there with some mild rubbing compound to place the emblems there, who cares ?! Didn’t know if the compound is strong enough to do the job with just light hand rubbing ..don’t want to use anyting too abrasive .

·
Registered
94 Posts
just using masking tape to tape of where you want to stick that thing, then just polish that part of the panel. Shouldnt be too hard (or just call your detailer on how to remove the coating).

Stronger chemical cleaners will also destroy the coating (high ph bug/tar removers)

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
I moved the badges around placing them at various spacing gaps, using some folded painter‘s blue tape, and once I decided where I wanted them, I used light rubbing compound ( and masking tape to protect the surface from overspill ) to clean that spot. After that, I tested a small piece of the same 3M adhesive tape those badges have ( I have a roll of it in the garage ) - the tape adhered immediately and really well, so I think after the usual 24 hrs curing period it’ll be rock solid . So I put the badges on. Photo below .

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
BTW the seller ( the same one whose link is posted in this thread ) indicated he’ll offer group discounts on this item, or most any other products they sell . I didn’t ask how many constitute a group or how much the discount may be, since I have no interest in being the conduit for anything like that, but it leads me to believe he already has a bunch of these badges reordered .

One last note, the relatively close up photo makes the badge look more prominent than it is when seen live .. it’s very narrow, and quite subtle/ understated , so not a “bling” factor , it looks as a factory item . IMO.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts