Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know where to buy the trident decal that goes on both sides of the car (in the area next to the gas cap on one side, and same place on other side). Anyone know?

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
660 Posts
You can order the original ones from Eurospares. Two things: (1) the one fitted by factory is effectively screwed to the c-pillar, whereas aftermarket copies have an adhesive to glue them on, seem them both and save that you would not tell which one is which when fixed to the car (eventually the materials quality will show with time, but note Italian chromes are not great); (2) they make for a nice souvenir, so you could end-up with a nasty surprise.

Friend of mine got them applied to his 03 Coupe to find, 3 weeks later on a public car park, that some teenage scrote thought they could make a nice addition to his/her bike, and attempted to take them off, damaging the paint in the process. He took off 1 and, not satisfied, tried with the second one which he broke in the attempt whilst leaving the paint well scratched.

Believe me, the respray costs much more than the decal. They look nice, but makes we wonder...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Generally, I prefer to park in the open, and I assume a secured position from atop a tall building. From there I can draw a bead on any suspected perpetrators of emblem theft. Usually when they see the laser dot from my Barrett rifle flash across them, they walk away... ;-)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Worse than the emblems are the floating trident grill in the older coupes. We had two stolen, which required the entire front trim ring, grill, etc. to be replaced at almost $3k.

As far as the emblems go, you do also have a choice now for which emblems to use, as the Sport GT emblems have the red bars, which look really good on the GranSport.

- Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
see Zearnold, you might not have to BUY them at all...

as a point of curiosity, is that sort of vandalism more prevalent in the UK? I read a number of British based car magazines and it seems that almost every issue someone's complaining about having their car keyed or otherwise molested

I've driven and parked the Porsche all over Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco and never once had a problem. I do get door dings and other annoying "improvements" but I've never had anyone do intentional damage.

Am I just lucky?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It really depends where you live, as with most counties. It seems very prevelant in the cities and am always hearing of guys complaining on various forums of damage to there cars which seems to stem from jealousy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
zearnold said:
I want to know where to buy the trident decal that goes on both sides of the car (in the area next to the gas cap on one side, and same place on other side). Anyone know?

Thanks,
Zearnold
Get them straight from your dealer, or, contact Richard Hale (on this board) and he might be able to get them for much less from his English dealer. He has ordered some for a couple of us on this board.

·
Registered
75 Posts
C-pillar badges

And Francis my Californian friend, you will be pleased to know that I have just sent you your pair via Airsure.. (track on www.postoffice.com) yr ref: LY051836058GB .. ;). Should arrive in 3 working days.. so likely Sat morning or Monday morning.

I can get them from the dealer at £5.99 (c.$10) each and for the US one pair costs around $7 to ship.

and my time.. ;) which you can add a beer for.. not one of those pissy American beers at a buck a pop.. but a good European beer warm and nutty.. :D

Happy Motoring friends.. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Rich Hale said:
And Francis my Californian friend, you will be pleased to know that I have just sent you your pair via Airsure.. (track on www.postoffice.com) yr ref: LY051836058GB .. ;). Should arrive in 3 working days.. so likely Sat morning or Monday morning.
Great! Now the next question is... what is the best way to line these things up for mounting so they are on straight?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good question...

Guess you can use 2 axis for alignement : the arrow (horizontal) and center trident bow (vertical). The guys into PDR use special pens to mark dents which do not scratch the paint. Have a bubble-level handy to check.

In the end I guess you could look at some photos to get the feeling of where exactly they are fitted, or better still, go to a dealer and check things in-situ. RHS c-pillar is good because you have the gas tap that gives an extra reference point.

Good luck. Ed.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Some of you guys asked above about vandalism in the UK...

Well, depends on where you live and true, it's more prominent in big cities and true (bis) it's become much more difuse in recent years. To give yet another example, some weeks ago about 2 blocks from my office a whole line-up of, what, 6 or 7 cars parked on the street (and none an exotic) was badly keyed by some scrote, who maybe thought that could be a nice form of amusement. Jealousy does not count on that one.

But of course, you have the types who cannot stand anybody else driving anything better than their wheels, or if seeing someone driving an exotic, maybe they think it's been purchased with the proceeds of money-laundering or tax evasion rather than everyday hardwork.

Vandalism in big UK cities has become more of a problem recently. Sad.

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts