Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wife wants to get a 2007 MBZ, the E63 AMG station wagon. The specs say 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Any way you cut it, this is waaaay faster than our Masers.
What am I to do? There is no Maser on the horizon to compete with this.
Maybe she'll let me drive it once in a while. It would be interesting to sneak it off to the track...
Mike

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mistress, or F430. Both end up costing about the same.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife drives an '06 e55 wagon & loves it. I don't mind that her car is faster than mine. Hers may be faster, but mine is a more involving drive. At least that's how I justify it. In the meantime, I've got a 997 GT3 coming in February along with several other 4-wheeled mistresses that my wife knows about (and they are all faster than hers) but she is resolved to the fact that that's just how some men are.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the Merc wont be as agile as the Mas.

even though the Merc is faster (on paper), when you drive it around, it aint as "fun"... remember we have the paddles, your wife relies on the autobox... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
at least she got good taste on an E63 rather than a R63.

·
Registered
114 Posts
@MikeA, don't worry.....and don't forget those fantastic numbers within
the MB brochure are more 'marketing' and written by MB itself, testcar
maybe a superlight version, special tyres, babydriver etc..., below the first
real and independent times taken from a major german car mag.

Weight 1935 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,7 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,9 s (62 miles p/h)
0 - 120 km/h 6,6 s
0 - 130 km/h 7,5 s
0 - 140 km/h 8,5 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,8 s
0 - 180 km/h 13,5 s
0 - 200 km/h 16,5 s

so, the numbers above are pretty inline with 4200/GS times, on top don't
forget German cars are all speed limited (at least in Europe) which means
around 150 miles p/h.

and we better don't start to debate about track times, i think a good
driver in a 42/GS will outbeat the E63 easily.

cheers
iwan

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
opec,

Your car's exhaust sound makes up for it. I would take it over the AMG wagon.

squid is 100% correct, faster until the first turn

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same problem

I am purchasing a 2004 Coupe CC (should get to drive it 9/16) and my wife currently drives a 2006 Corvette. I am already hearing about how much faster her car is...and the posted video of the coupe sliding all over the place has not helped me.

Oh well, speed is not everything...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anything can be fast

I own a 2004 CC and realize that their are tons of cars faster than mine. Especially a lot of those hot rodded rice burners, but I don't give a [email protected]#! A few years back I ownd a Porsche 928 GTS that was an amazing, albeit portly car. Two kids pulled up alongside of me in a souped up WRX (the thing could barely idle). They asked me if I wanted to race. Knowing damn well they could have blown my doors off, I thought about the consequences, smirked then replied, "You know you can make a milk truck fast, but that doesn't mean I want to drive it." They flipped me off then took off. I just laughed--my point was proven.

I'll take the maser over the boring merc anytime anyplace. The only merc that's an exception is the Mclaren SLR, but my wallet isn't that thick.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah i have both the e55 sedan and e55 wagon

There a blast to drive but only in a straight line. They are really floaty in the turns and very top heavy cars. You get me a t a stoplight though and my mercs kick ass. You get me in the twisties and ill take my GS hands down any day.

But hey you got to give it to benz, they know how to package a station wagon with a lot of punch.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just drove an SLR at Quail. That thing sounded like a Panoz race car, very unexpected ! It was amazing to drive around Pebble. Only the mooshy brakes dissapointed....
My wife's Expedition could probably take my V12 Ferrari until 30 mph, too....
:)

gmansantamonica said:
I own a 2004 CC and realize that their are tons of cars faster than mine. Especially a lot of those hot rodded rice burners, but I don't give a [email protected]#! A few years back I ownd a Porsche 928 GTS that was an amazing, albeit portly car. Two kids pulled up alongside of me in a souped up WRX (the thing could barely idle). They asked me if I wanted to race. Knowing damn well they could have blown my doors off, I thought about the consequences, smirked then replied, "You know you can make a milk truck fast, but that doesn't mean I want to drive it." They flipped me off then took off. I just laughed--my point was proven.

I'll take the maser over the boring merc anytime anyplace. The only merc that's an exception is the Mclaren SLR, but my wallet isn't that thick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts