Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like after taking the GS to the dealer for the 6500 mile service, both front rims are bent. Wondering if anyone here knows any good wheel repair shops in the Los Angeles metro area? one of the rims also needs some touch up (ball polished). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you try asking your dealer for a recommendation? FMOC recommended one particular company (said they did all of the wheel repairs for them), and they came out and re-chromed one of my damaged wheels while it was in for service at FMOC for quite a reasonable rate. Didn't even have to bring it to another location. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked if FMBH would give me the number to their wheel refinish guy (who might then be able to point me to a qualified wheel repair shop) but they said they "couldnt divulge that information". Assholes. Just looking to make a quick buck off stupid saps looking to drop 2.5k on a rim without thinking twice.

On a more positive note, I found a wheel repair shop in North Hollywood as well as one in OC which may have been the one you are referring to (velvet touch? or some such name). I'll be stopping by True-wheel in north hollywood for an estimate this week. Thanks for the help nonetheless.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best place to get your wheels chromed or repaired is Coast General Performance in Costa Mesa, Ca. 714.540.5710 ask for Ron.

They do a great job.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Best place to get your wheels chromed or repaired is Coast General Performance in Costa Mesa, Ca. 714.540.5710 ask for Ron.

They do a great job.
I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for a place that will repair some wheel rash in the Los Angeles area. I called Ron over at Coast General Performance and they quoted me $225/wheel. Is that the going rate for this type of wheel reconditioning?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for a place that will repair some wheel rash in the Los Angeles area. I called Ron over at Coast General Performance and they quoted me $225/wheel. Is that the going rate for this type of wheel reconditioning?

Hi there I think 225 is a major rip off call my buddy Armando at 310-379-7255 and tell him Tommy sent you he will hook you up for your wheels and any other Maserati issues!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi there I think 225 is a major rip off call my buddy Armando at 310-379-7255 and tell him Tommy sent you he will hook you up for your wheels and any other Maserati issues!!
Thanks for the tip. I'll give him a call first thing on Monday!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts