Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get a clear answer....07 QP Exec GT..are wheels aluminum and do they have clearcoat by the factory? I do know that they are ball polished. My Benz wheels are peeling quite a bit and don't want same for Mas! What are best protectants, polish to use? Thanks mates.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Most aluminum OEM wheels are clearcoated.

Treat the clearcoat on your wheels the same way you treat the clear coat on your paint. Wash the wheels every time you wash your car with soap and water. Never wash the wheels when they are hot. Polish the clear and wax the clear often. A couple good coats of synthetic wax should be good for every other washing. I would keep a good coat of sealant like Zaino or Klasse on them to protect them and they should wash up with just soap and water. Keep in mind the clear on your wheels is not a true clear coat, it is a clear powder coat, there is a difference. Be aware of some wheel cleaners that specifically say safe for clear coat but now for powder coat, I think the Mequiars wheel cleaner actually says not for powder coated wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts