Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a pot hole and had to replace front tire :mad:by an independent shop with whom I have had good experience.

Recently I took the car into the actual Maserati dealer because it needed the torque on front suspension checked as per recent recall / campaign. To do so they took off the front wheels, and based on the attached picture told me that the wheel may not have been properly balanced by the indi shop. They suggested they re balance both front wheels for $160 and also do an alignment for $500.

I asked if the balance issue was confirmed by their balance machine, or if there was any vibration / shake on driving. The answer to both was no. The tire was new, so there was no tread wear to indicate a problem either.

The only reason I can think they were concerned therefore about the balancing is that the stick on weights are not all in a line. Is this a concern? If so, I would take it back to the original indi who charge $64 for both wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow. Since the wheels are off, that rebalance should be $20. And there is no reason to think a rebalance is needed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If balance machine says its good, then seems like there is no prob with the weight placement. I'm curious too on what their grounds are for a rebalance and alignment:confused:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
ridiculous gouging by the dealer.....there is no way a re-balance should cost any more than fifty bucks for both fronts.

·
Registered
227 Posts
80 FRIGGIN DOLLARS TO BALANCE A WHEEL?

I doubt that Bugatti charges that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.