Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you that get your skyhook suspension lowered, do you know the right settings for wheel allignment?

I called some shops and asked if they could do a wheel allignment after I got it lowered, but no one seems to know the right settings for a Maserati (this is Denmark)

Anyone with some input?

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have the same problem,

anyone have the aligning settings...

thanks,

Willie

·
Registered
153 Posts
I posted the measurements on this site a while back but I didnt keep a seperate note of them. Try a search of the forum - they are there somewhere!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
surfnirnava said:
I posted the measurements on this site a while back but I didnt keep a seperate note of them. Try a search of the forum - they are there somewhere!
Please help me find this, I tried searching the site and I found lots of quotes from you, but not about wheel allignment settings.

Regards

·
Registered
835 Posts
Rich Hale said:
How on earth do you get your skyhook lowered?
easily done on the skyhook system...dealers charge between 700-1100 USD (what a rip off).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Niw
here it is. It was under the 'Unleashing 390 horses....' thread. I have copied and pasted my note, hope it helps.
Tim

Had my wheels aligned and it made a big difference on the road. Previously my front tyres wore out on the insides leaving lots of tread accross two thirds of the tyre - the car ate front tyres every 5k miles! I now get much better, even, wear.
You do need a good alignment centre though and they need to have the shims to be able to make any changes. Having my four wheels done cost £211.
It is also worth making sure the centre has the correct measurements. These are for a 4200 Coupe:
Fronts
Toe-in 2.5+/- 0.5mm
Caster +4 degrees 35' +/- 6'
Camber -20' +/- 10'

Rears
Toe-in 4.5 +/- 0.5mm
Camber -1degree 10' +/- 10'

·
Registered
153 Posts
No problem. It made a huge difference to my front tyre wear. So much that I insisted they align the wheels on my new car before I took delivery.

Tim

·
Registered
202 Posts
thanks man...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts