Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling off my xj8 to get a coupe within the next few months. But I need/want a daily driver so I don't have to drive the mas every day.

Must be:
-under $5k
-at least decently reliable
-at least 18 city/25 hwy mpg
-able to get around decently in light snow (I live in nw missouri)

What would be some good options? What are your DD's? Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I dd my Masi and Porsche according to season and weather, but if I were in your shoes with that kind of budget, I'd look for an early 2000's Honda Civic. It'll be super reliable, cheap to fix if anything does go wrong, runs forever, and hates fuel.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I'm selling off my xj8 to get a coupe within the next few months. But I need/want a daily driver so I don't have to drive the mas every day.

Must be:
-under $5k

For under 5k is tough. But i used to have an old mazda mx6, 1992. It was really clean reliable and i had extemely low miles on it. It was perfect for me for a second hand beater car when i worked and the car would sit in the hot florida sun. Now scince im retired, for my daily driver i bought a nice clean clk 2002 320, 40k miles for 10k. Great on gas

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts

Must be:
-under $5k

i just bought a toyota MR2 Spyder

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm selling my DD now if your interested. It's a 2002 Saab 93 convertible. 30 mpg and cheap to maintain. PM me if your interested. It's on eBAy now. 86k miles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking a cheap jap trap would work well. The reason my budget is low is because I want a car I'm not freaking out about everytime a bird poops on it haha! I'm definitely thinking awd or fwd. found a few land rover disco's and 98-99 xj8's but a few searches turned me away from those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm selling my DD now if your interested. It's a 2002 Saab 93 convertible. 30 mpg and cheap to maintain. PM me if your interested. It's on eBAy now. 86k miles
Thanks but want something with a hard top. Just personal preference is all

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
My dd is my Mas. I'm lucky enough to be in a place that gets snow MAYBE twice/year. When it does snow...I stay home or drive my wife's jeep! LOL

That being said, you can get a decent jeep with hardtop for $5k easy.
The 2.5 L engine isn't too thirsty, plus awesome in snow of course.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts

i daily drive one of these, the 2010 is fully loaded, 6.4 twin turbos hot street tune that puts the truck around 525whp and over 1000rwtq. sunroof, back up camera in the nav, park sensors, black leather interior, dvd player in the nav. heated seats, auto climate control, dual climate control, power rear window. factory 20's. its not bad, tough to switch to the 97 f350 when it snows.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My daily driver is this one:

:D
Bigfoot,

Are you like me, are you afraid to get door dings when you park that on the street in the Milan?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I picked up this DD just in time for this crazy weather. Audi S5 Cab with quattro.

BTW, the speed of the dual clutch on this transmission is really impressive...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
tires alone just costs 2000 and my other truck needs tires and they will be 1000. and i bought the wheels this year with street tires that setup was 3000... makes me think a maserati will be CHEAP to maintain. oh and it costs about 100-120 for an oil change an " indy shop" and i spend about 130 per fill up. or I just swipe my debit card and fill it until the pump stops at 100, as a matter of fact i don't even go to stations that don't go to 100...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My DD is an 05 Golf TDI with 5 speed manual. It is stock accept for a Green Diesel Engineering tune. The average over 5665 miles has been 708 miles per tank at 50.8 MPG. Before tuning, over 8633 miles it averaged 575 miles per tank at 44.39 MPG. The tune makes it much zippier but its by no means fast.

This may fit your budget if you shop around. I found mine in NC so there are absolutely no signs of rust and the undercarriage is very clean.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
bringing this thread back up to the top, I just picked up another daily driver, 2003 audi a6 2.7 bi-turbo, with quattro and the tiptronic trans. and yes I drive each vehicle each week...none sit for more then a day or two. I really like comfort of the audi, and I have a very good Indy shop that did all the maintenance to this car before I bought it. they also do maserati and ferrari service as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts