Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm waist deep in the dreaded matrix replacement process when I come across this little switch jammed between the console and the glove box. It's in the on position, and clearly an aftermarket switch. The picture shows as far back as I can trace it's pigtail before it disappears further into the heart of the vehicle. I know it could be an aftermarket kill switch or even the switch for a performance chipset, but I'm a little nervous to just go throwing some strange switch just to see what it does...I mean, it could be for an ejection seat or a self destruct mechanism too, right? Lol.

Any thoughts on things I could look into to learn what it is without actually flipping the switch would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

4,261 Posts
You are most likely just gonna have to follow the wires...Any replies on here you get are gonna be an educated guess as far as something like that goes....Jason

·
Registered
273 Posts
My guess is its a kill switch. If it were mine I would just flip it when everything is off and see if it she will start. But the safe thing to do is to trace the wires.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Shall we run a sweepstake? I'm going for radar detector.

Old school switch as well!

C

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
1) 2fromthe couve: Kill switch
2) CatmanV2: Radar detector
3)

Add your guess here :)

C

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are yellow wires and connectors not usually reserved for SRS/airbag wiring? My guess would be it's to disable the passenger side bag if car not fitted with the key switch to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, after a quick look further, it actually just went to the fuse box under the floorboard ...to fuse bank 25. The book says this is for:

"ECU for CAN line interface, OBD, Maserati CODE system, multifunction display"

Any ideas what this could be about?

Attachments

4,261 Posts
Someone shutting off power to cluster so it doesn't log miles? Flip the switch and see if the cluster goes out.. Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow!! That's really upsetting!! It'll be awhile before I get her all back together from the matrix replacement, but I'll let you know once I do. ???

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Are yellow wires and connectors not usually reserved for SRS/airbag wiring? My guess would be it's to disable the passenger side bag if car not fitted with the key switch to do it.
It's not connected to the yellow wires.....

C

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
3) tvrv8: Airbag bypass
4) Jason: Mileage killer

;)

C

·
Registered
240 Posts
Could this just be the switch for the Drive By Wire enhancement module?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Switch is too kill power momentarily, in an attempt to reset service codes and or battery replacement.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
5) Stingray71: DBW engage (Warp Factor 9)
6) Timado404(not found?): Ctrl-Alt-Del

C

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Do not flip the switch! The last time we told someone to do that to an unknown switch, he was never heard from again. My team reviewed the situation a few years back, and we concluded that the switch was the "garage door opener" to a wormhole in the space-time continuum. Flipping the switch altered the path of time for the driver, sending him into a parallel universe where all the women were unattractive and the only food to eat was head cheese.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ejection seat activator - don't press if you are in a tunnel.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Do not flip the switch! The last time we told someone to do that to an unknown switch, he was never heard from again. My team reviewed the situation a few years back, and we concluded that the switch was the "garage door opener" to a wormhole in the space-time continuum. Flipping the switch altered the path of time for the driver, sending him into a parallel universe where all the women were unattractive and the only food to eat was head cheese.
OMG....lmao :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
5) Stingray71: DBW engage (Warp Factor 9)
6) Timado404(not found?): Ctrl-Alt-Del
7) ErikDiSomma: Stargate
7a)Oishi: Brundlefly teleport pod activation
8)LTchip: Ejector Seat

C

1 - 20 of 41 Posts