Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I love road trips. With summer approaching, am thinking about taking my QP on a road trip to Dayton, Ohio for the 4th holiday weekend. Sure gas mileage won't be as great as our family crossover. But driving across the country in a Maserati would be fun. Roundtrip mileage should be around 1070 miles. Given that I only drive 10K miles annually on this DD, the extra miles isn't a concern. Sitting in the garage it is going to depreciate anyway.

Post the mileage of the longest roadtrip you have taken. Hope you all have a great summer.

Cheers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would be very interested in seeing responses to this as well. We are considering the same thing. We are going to the Indy 500 next weekend and thinking of driving the 2009 GranTurismo from Virginia. Would be 1100 round trip miles. As you said, if it sits in the garage all it does is depreciate. Since I've only owned the car 5 days I worry about taking it on such a long trip right away.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My longest trip was driving the car home from the dealer I bought it from in Charlotte NC to my home in Key West, about 850 miles. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort (a 2005 coupe) and fuel economy of 21 mpg.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I went from Southern NH to NYC to do the dream car tour a few years back in my 08 GT. It was 5 hours each way. Sits got uncomfortable after the first 3 hours and my lower back started to hurt but other than that it was a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We've done the trip from Toronto, Ontario to Traverse City Michigan (about 900 miles round trip) in our 09 GT at least twice. Great trips and no issues!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just completed 1450 mile trip from Scottsdale to Seattle for the second time in my Maserati Coupe GT.
Takes me just over 18 hours doing the trip solo. The Maser just love to eat up highway miles. Car just loves the wide open spaces out west and high speed cruising. That is what these cars were made too do!
If you want to wash and look at it in your drive way you should have gotten a Ferrari. Maserati are made to be used.

·
Registered
138 Posts
from our main home to our holiday home is 2400kms one way door to door.I have driven it a few times in the discovery and was glad of it due to the road conditions.(there are "express"ways but they often close them and you are forced onto back roads)
until the roads are more consistent I will limit my journeys to the city.

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
From my home in London, United Kingdom, to Milan Italy (to pick up a girlfriend) and then onto Lake Como for a week. Then pretty much the same route back. 1,860 miles round trip, not including excursions.

There's nothing like driving a Maserati 'home' to Italy - the Italians freely and consistently show their love for the car. I remember arriving in Lake Como and the first reaction was from a waiter serving street-side tables, showing that classic Italian gesture of approval. The beauty of the land and the pleasure of driving through it is very special.

Another time went to visit friends in Turin - that was magical too. Left London at 2am in the morning and was sitting in a villa on a wine estate in Barolo country by 4pm the same day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Drove from Princeton NJ to Damariscotta Maine in GS spyder. It was a great trip except for almost running out of gas looking for 93 octane in Maine and making my wife sit with a box of lobstahs on her lap the entire trip home (didn't fit in trunk). Needless to say a hard sell now...for future Maine road trips. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From my home in London, United Kingdom, to Milan Italy (to pick up a girlfriend) and then onto Lake Como for a week. Then pretty much the same route back. 1,860 miles round trip, not including excursions.

There's nothing like driving a Maserati 'home' to Italy - the Italians freely and consistently show their love for the car. I remember arriving in Lake Como and the first reaction was from a waiter serving street-side tables, showing that classic Italian gesture of approval. The beauty of the land and the pleasure of driving through it is very special.

Another time went to visit friends in Turin - that was magical too. Left London at 2am in the morning and was sitting in a villa on a wine estate in Barolo country by 4pm the same day.
This sounds like the ultimate road trip in a Maserati! Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
209 Posts

Thanks for the beautiful images that your trip put in my head!
Glad you had a wonderful time...in the land of Maserati!
Hope to get there someday....

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Most of you guys have me beat....by a lot. My longest trip was the drive home from Washington, DC. About 600 miles of pure joy punctuated with moments of exhilaration. mpg? Not a clue.

·
Registered
395 Posts

I would love to drive a Maserati through Italy.. Someday...

Longest trip I took was from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Did that twice in the Maser and will never forget. I also do quite a few weekend trips to San Diego and Las Vegas.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I picked up my QP in Seattle and drove home to LA. Around 1150 miles. No issues, only pure joy. Wonderful first date.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
From my home in London, United Kingdom, to Milan Italy (to pick up a girlfriend)......
Only one? That's the beauty of a Maserati, you can fit at least three! ;)

I also envy your ability to drive her home. One day I would like to spend some time experiencing Italy in a Maserati. What could be better?

·
Registered
232 Posts
It was an amazing experience. Really helped my bond with my car as well as experience it in a variety of environments. Rain, shine, all over the place and an absolute blast!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Recently after i bought my Ghibli, i drove it to Tahoe lake from LA and back, great drive, very comfy and smooth. I am sure its great coz its new, got to see if this will stay like that for years ahead.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts