Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's curry. One of the dangers of owning a fast car is when picking up takeout food, the containers just aren't built for the g-forces the car is capable of. This is why it is best to keep the bag in the front seat area--so if it begins to tip over, you can see it, and lift.

But no. I picked up some curry chicken with brown rice, threw it in the back seat floor area and headed up Benedict Canyon at my usual vomit-inducing, 11/10ths pace. Over the container went, soaking my floor mat in a yummy puddle of Indian spices, introducing a new shade of brown into my interior in the process.

I tried Resolve and dish soap, neither got the stain out. The car wash wasn't successful with a pressure washer either. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sounds you've made a mess...

2 things I've used to great success even to take greasy boot marks left on the carpet (by the dealer's workshop guys, I must say...)

a) 3M Scotchgard capet cleaner foam (purple plastic tap, the one which has Scotchgard protection). Might need 2 passes, but should get the job done.

b) In case not, in the UK we have Vanish Oxi-action carpet spray. This one really deals with almost everything you can throw at a carpet (spray, leave 5 mins, wipe away). There might be something similar in the US (as it's done by Reckitt Benkiser, I can check-out on Monday... they happen to be one of my biggest clients).

Good luck.

Ed

·
Registered
201 Posts
another idea

Calif is suing automakers for global warming. You might as well sue the restaurant to get a new Maserati.

·
Registered
722 Posts
CDF said:
Calif is suing automakers for global warming. You might as well sue the restaurant to get a new Maserati.
Hey, it's easier than pushing Bush out of office! Our man for global meltdown in SO many ways. Would just be embarassing if it wasn't also tragic.

Sorry, pissed, everyone gets their own opinion...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
DeaneG said:
Hey, it's easier than pushing Bush out of office! Our man for global meltdown in SO many ways. Would just be embarassing if it wasn't also tragic.

Sorry, pissed, everyone gets their own opinion...
Oh, puleeze. Global warming doesn't occur in 6 years, nor will be it fixed in that amount of time...

We can work to fix the trend, but it is a trend that his been occurring for a long while and is a result of the behavior of you, me, and the rest of the citizens of most developed and developing countries. We must quit blaming everyone else for our behavior.

It is the same kind of non-accountability that smokers claim...which is a topic for another day.

Bottom line is that a solution to the problem is a macro-behavioral change, not a political one.

·
Registered
722 Posts
RickBullotta said:
Oh, puleeze. Global warming doesn't occur in 6 years, nor will be it fixed in that amount of time...

We can work to fix the trend, but it is a trend that his been occurring for a long while and is a result of the behavior of you, me, and the rest of the citizens of most developed and developing countries. We must quit blaming everyone else for our behavior.

It is the same kind of non-accountability that smokers claim...which is a topic for another day.

Bottom line is that a solution to the problem is a macro-behavioral change, not a political one.
We should probably take this offline to rant.com!

Many national and global problems are not amenable to a market solution (you and me acting in our own self-interest). Safety and environmental issues are typical causes that require a political solution. Take safety belts, airbags, and polution controls for cars (next will be electronic stability controls), or federal safe water standards, local building codes, etc. All have been established and controlled by political means over the last several decades.

My plan is to keep blasting petrol through my motor, while voting for someone who can see forward beyond his own term of office. Because of the high population density in CA, we tend to experience environmental problems before they show up elsewhere. So we sometimes have to make an end run around less-visionary leaders to get things started, using available methods.

·
Registered
835 Posts
DeaneG said:
Hey, it's easier than pushing Bush out of office! Our man for global meltdown in SO many ways. Would just be embarassing if it wasn't also tragic. Sorry, pissed, everyone gets their own opinion...
haha... how about them greenpeace guys driving their SUV's to the rallies... it is so much easier to blame one person than the entire world.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Curry chicken...global warming...torrid politics...this is a real HOT thread!

·
Registered
339 Posts
anti-spill device

Go to your local motorcycle shop and in the accessories department they have a generic cargo net (and usually in a few colors and sizes) which are usually used to put over the passenger seat to hold down a bag. Net is all elastic with a covered hook at each corner.

Works great on your front seat for holding packages/briefcase in place. Hook one under each side of the front seat and the others you stretch and wrap around the rear of the seat, or around the corner and to the bottom of the rear floor mount. Eitherway, keeps your stuff from sliding all over the place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts