Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm specifically referring to a 2011 QP GTS, but I suspect the resonator is similar/the same in a host of other years and models.

My car has the factory X-pipe, with a resonator in front of it. My (limited) exposure to resonators on other cars is that they are basically an empty box with pipes going in and out. Maybe some limited baffles. But what baffles me (did you get that?) is if that is the case, the left and right exhausts are being mixed. Which would seem to make the X-pipe redundant.

I know some of you have removed the resonator, and I have to assume you must have taken at least a little peak inside.

Are the left and right exhausts kept separated?

Hans.

2,966 Posts
Basically yes...Two tubes with holes in them on the inside surrounded by the packing material...There really isn't exhaust flow between the two sides..I'm personally love the way a X-pipe sounds on these cars....I have never had anyone say they don't like it....Jason

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking around Ebay and other places, I've seen several different OEM Xpipe/resonators. Here is what mine looks like. I'm wondering if an aftermarket pipe would make much difference. The Xpipe itself looks like the aftermarket ones, it would just eliminate the resonator.

Hans.

QPxpipe.jpg

·
Registered
431 Posts
Back when I had a 2006 QP Sport-GT it seems like that car did not have a resonator, but just the x-pipe....and it sounded fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Well, if anyone wants a perfect, shiny Larini X-pipe, then it's theirs for $350.00. I paid $650. This will fit any F1 QP. I'm about to put it on eBay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts