Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm interested to buy this 2003 Maserati from FoQ.
http://www.ferrariquebec.listingaut...s.spy?id=456869

According to the Salesman, this car was used as FoQ demo car. It was driven by another FoQ salesman last winter.

When I dropped by last Thursday to take a look at the car, I was told that the mechanics were replacing the differential of the car. The car still has factory warranty for 3 more year. Apparently, the car was never sold to a private customer and was not accidented.

Does anyone know more details about this car?

FoQ is asking 72500$. Do you think I can negotiate down to mid-60s?

Also, I'm planning to trade in my 1999 Carerra 4 silver/black with full leather, technique package, clean condition, 74000km. How much do you think I can get for this car?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
by demo car, does it mean it have or not have a in-service date?

if not, then i would think $70k is fair as you get your full warranty.

otherwise, like haha mentioned, check the history and service records.
rough guess on your c4, $50k?

do you have pictures of the interior? does it have skyhook?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told that the car was plated as a FoQ company car only last year and still has 3 more years of factory warranty.

The interior is blue medio/black trim. I'm not sure if it has Skyhook suspension. What is the difference between the Skyhook suspension vs. regular suspension?

Another concern was that the differential of the car was replaced last week because the salesman said the car made funny sounds during shifting gears. When I test drove the car, I found the F1 shifting to be quite smooth.

The dealer offered only $40K Canadian for my '99 996 C4 and wouldn't budge on the asking price $72k Canadian.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Please do some research

Please go on ebay and cars.com and contact dealers. That seems VERY high for an 03. I paid $70,000 for an 04 white Cambio coupe with 1,000 miles. It has skyhook, leather headliner, and a TUBI Exhaust, not to mention all the other options. It just does not have heated front seats and the multi CD changer. It even came with a spare tire.

My wife and I researched all over for these 04 coupes and I almost bought 2 different black ones with low miles for $65,000. Again, these were loaded 04 Coupes under 5,000 miles. Do not let the dealers fool you, these cars do not move fast. They depreciate like rocks which means you can get a great deal. I saw an 05 on ebay today for $78,000.

Good luck, please do some research... CM

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Re: Please do some research <------- HE'S QUOTED CAD$72K

... it's CAD, not USD.

chris7469 said:
Please go on ebay and cars.com and contact dealers. That seems VERY high for an 03. I paid $70,000 for an 04 white Cambio coupe with 1,000 miles. It has skyhook, leather headliner, and a TUBI Exhaust, not to mention all the other options. It just does not have heated front seats and the multi CD changer. It even came with a spare tire.

My wife and I researched all over for these 04 coupes and I almost bought 2 different black ones with low miles for $65,000. Again, these were loaded 04 Coupes under 5,000 miles. Do not let the dealers fool you, these cars do not move fast. They depreciate like rocks which means you can get a great deal. I saw an 05 on ebay today for $78,000.

Good luck, please do some research... CM

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's the color I wanted :cry:

I think that's a resonable asking price...I paid $56.5 US for my '03. That's what like 65k CAD? I'd lowball them and see what they do--the market for Masers is relatively soft so there's some wiggle room. Sell your Porsche privately, you get much more that way. I put $9k in my pocket doing that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
squid
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing