1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my QP:
i would add

-a bit more HP/torque, not much.
-bigger brake option for sport GT. (2pc.brakes like AMG 65's)
-2 cup holders instead of 1
-better NAV system

my 2 pennies

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not much, but is it too much to ask that a car that stickers for nearly $120k have a halfway decent soundsystem? I like to listen to the engine, but sometimes I like to listen to music. Granted, I didn't opt for the hifi system, but even the base level system should be able to handle some bass at moderate volumes.
Suffice to say, what I like most about leaving the GS in the garage and driving the Audi is being able to listen to music.....loudly, without the speakers rattling and vibrating. All that said, if this is the worst of it, that's still not bad at all.

By the way, anyone know how to change the bass/treble levels on GS radio. Can't find a thing in the manual, and all the buttons I push don't seem to solve the problem. Is this a symptom of a failing clutch??????? :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
MrTheKid said:
in my QP:
i would add

-a bit more HP/torque, not much.
-bigger brake option for sport GT. (2pc.brakes like AMG 65's)
-2 cup holders instead of 1
-better NAV system

my 2 pennies
MrTheKid nailed it.

Only thing I would add (2005 QP) is the ability to fill with gas like a normal human (set and fill, rather than the "filling of a thousand clicks"). Also maybe kill off the GIPE center conole feature (Good Idea, Poor Execution) for heating and cooling beverages, could use the space. Does anybody actually use their center console to keep things warm or cold? Oh, yeah; and also a good stealth mode so the cops couldn't see it on their radar.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wish the car would remember the sport button position. The setting resets itself to off after every restart. iPod and Sat Radio would be nice stock too.

-dsd

·
Registered
63 Posts
1) I wish the Manufacturer could improve its Duoselect shift times so that the gear changes could be smoother between gears for any F1-challenged driver. The F1 transmission in my F430 is so fast and smooth as compared to my QP?!

2) I wish that the sky-hook suspension system could be further tweak to improve 'comfort' roadholding on bumpy roads in city driving. But the subtle tweaks must not compromise the amazing handling of the QP. I am currently on the OEM 18" wheel.

Wishes granted, the QP will be second to none as the ultimate Executive/Sports Super Saloon for a long time.

·
Registered
635 Posts
On my '02 GT Coupe, just a few things:

a. Larger distance between the brake pedal and accelerator pedal
b. Redesigned Air Intake (so the air filter isn't so low in the front end)
c. XM Radio that would integrate right into the OEM Maserati NIT

·
Registered
312 Posts
dsd said:
I wish the car would remember the sport button position. The setting resets itself to off after every restart. iPod and Sat Radio would be nice stock too.

-dsd
The QP stays in whatever position you select. But I wish the Auto/Manual button defaulted to Manual.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I just wish the thing was screwed together a bit better. The darn thing feels like it's being shaken to bits on the crappy road I live on. Squeak rattle clunk...thunk pow CRASH...zing thunka thunka VROOOOM clack clack squeak...clunk.

·
Registered
153 Posts
For me it's:

A better sound system.

Sone change with the roof so that it doesnt pour rain water all over me and the seat when I open the door to get in it!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
1. Less Roll in corners
2. Less squat under braking
3. Better headlamps (my xenons suck)
4. Seats that allow rear passenger entry in less than 2 minutes
5. A better paint/clearcoat process. My Audi had fewer rock chips in 75000 miles than the Maserati has in 7500.

I used to complain about the sound system, but I got a Tubi and stopped listening to the radio.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Softer shocks in my Spyder. When I hit a bump, the shock compresses half an inch, and then the body flexes another inch more.

Normally, when you make a Spyder, you loosen up the shocks a bit to match the reduced body stiffness.

Oh, and faster shifts in non-Sport mode.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If Its Not Too Much Trouble...

Front/rear machine guns

revolving numberplate

gattling gun for destroying speed cameras

tyre slashers

martin baker passenger ejection seat

metal studded tyres

Homeing beacon to the Playboy Mansion

Reverse polarised electrochromatic glass all round so that people can see me but I dont have to see them

Lie detector for use with dealer/FM mechanic

MegaBass stereo system to wake up the dead

Verical takeoff/landing to help with traffic problems in central London

Diplomatic number Plates

Ultimo Radar to detect good looking single women

go faster stripes to add another 390BHP

Computerised safe park assist

instant valet repellant

African Multi-language translator assist to translate London Traffic Wardens

six foot perimeter radar-to repel people breathing on my car

Chrome paint

Sexual health diagnostic probe with mass spectrometric

Telemetrics to FM factory/Q branch

electric panaromic sunroof

4 wheel steering

electric steering column

tyre pressure sensors

Heads up display to tell you to watch babe at 3 o clock

curry hook

Lambo doors

softclose
doors/tailgate/hood
hood vents

electric rear spoiler

strobe lights at rear/sides and front

Carole bouquet voice on sat nav

voice activated/fingerprint/iris scanner/start

cruise mode/sport mode/race mode/ARE YOU CRAZY mode SMG IX sequential E gear/F1 gearbox which needs a degree in Astrophysics to operate

Diverter valves for the exhausts mufflers

and if possible an extra cupholder!
Cheers!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
surfnirnava said:
Sone change with the roof so that it doesnt pour rain water all over me and the seat when I open the door to get in it!
What is this "rain water" you speak of?

007 said:
Lambo doors
are available for a price. can't find the thread but there's a customizer near Maserati of Minneapolis that will do the job... if you're serious...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Actually not much...
I'm perfectly happy with it but if you insist on something... a 500HP naturally aspirated engine would be nice!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
PacoSaca said:
Actually not much...
I'm perfectly happy with it but if you insist on something... a 500HP naturally aspirated engine would be nice!!!
This will be available in March :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
curry hook /lambo doors/new leather smell procedure

For our American cousins across the pond : Curry is the national dish of UK. It is ofcourse Indian (Bombay/Mumbai). Many people have it several times a week and get a take away in a plastic bag. It would be handy if you could hook it in the front passenger seat so that it doesnt go all over the place as spice smell/colour of Turmeric carries a government health warning-well it should do. It is fabulous and I suggest you try it. Not all curry is hot but it is highly addictive!

Lambo doors; I am not rich enough to mess around trying to put lambo doors on my car -it will look tacky on a car like the 4200. However I do respect Americans who take the risk with expensive cars etc.-thats why American technology very often leads the world (nothing ventured-nothing gained).

If anyone in Uk or US or anywhere else for that matter wants help with what to order in an Indian restaurant then let me know.

A few years ago we had a BMW 8 series meet [drinks,pizza,bowling,curry and drive]-great day out.Maybe we could have similar in UK soon.

To keep the car smelling like new ie. fresh leather. I suggest you go to a leather clothes store and ask for the cheapest and smelliest leather jacket or similar and put it in the rear somewhere and so you will get a nice new leatherysmell from the car-is this extreme? Obviously not as extreme as getting oil analysed or driving a 10 mile detour to avoid speed bumps.

No offence to anyone.
best wishes

·
Registered
909 Posts
GranSport audio controls

Steve said:
By the way, anyone know how to change the bass/treble levels on GS radio.
I've attached two pictures that shows the buttons to press. The button on the right of the two when held in will bring up bass, treble, fade, balance, and loudness settings.

The button on the left when held in, will bring up speed-sensitive volume, volume display, lcd brightness, etc..

- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
-I'd have better launch - I hate the limter that limits torque at low revs and allows Honda Civis to leave me behind at a light (for the first 50 feet anyway)
-better stereo
-ventilation controls that don't have a mind of their own
-cup holder! (i know the GS has it after 04)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts