Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

Alex, this guy is crazy if he thinks he will get close to $60K. My estimate would put it at $40K. But being that it is a 6 speed, and its yellow (seems to be the hot color now) I would say yea its closer to $45K. Driving it is a must though, these cars' driving condition can vary greatly, depending on how well they were taken care of.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alex, this guy is crazy if he thinks he will get close to $60K. My estimate would put it at $40K. But being that it is a 6 speed, and its yellow (seems to be the hot color now) I would say yea its closer to $45K. Driving it is a must though, these cars' driving condition can vary greatly, depending on how well they were taken care of.

see thats the issue. I would fly out there. drive it and bring it a Ferrari/Maserati dealer and have an inspection completed etc.

then have it shipped back

for me = A spyder with a 6MT in yellow with black is what I want.

How would one even tell the seller he is crazy asking $60,000 for that car?

"where did you come to that price?"
"do you realize what other cars similar to yours are selling for?"

:confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tell him wholesale auctions have these cars avail at 38k
check manheim results

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell him wholesale auctions have these cars avail at 38k
check manheim results
very true but it seems alot of time with private seller, the seller will put the car for sale what his pay off is

I noticed this case when shopping for an M3 a few years ago.

my car is for $43k because I owe $43k on it :mad:

who knows, I do know this car will be for sale 2 months from now if he is asking that much.

I would offer him $40k

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can only assume that he is thinking "The higher the asking price, the higher the selling price". Which rarely, if ever, works. You know what the car is worth, go after the price you want. I would guess his $60K really means "make an offer".

·
Registered
32 Posts
How would one even tell the seller he is crazy asking $60,000 for that car?

"where did you come to that price?"
"do you realize what other cars similar to yours are selling for?"

:confused:
I would bring your birth certificate along, this will help you prove to him that you weren't born yesterday... :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would think the 6MT brings a premium, but not quite enough to make it worth 60K
The other link I posted is the exact same car (6MT) with 2k less miles and the other car was at Ferrari Maserati in Simi valley then sold in AN auction to KCmotors.net they have it listed for 47K etc

I want yellow/black!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I couldn't agree more. When a Mazer ends up at xyz company they think it is gold. They ask WAY too much money and are surprised when you offer something close to market. Then they say 'we have more than that in the car'; like that is my problem. I suspect that the cars ultimately get sent to auction again.

I was talking with the guys at a dealership yesterday and they said few cars last longer than 90 days or they are sent directly to autction. They are looking for 4 turns per year or more if possible.

I suspect you can get the car at the right price as long as we make a written offer, that is better than auction, and you are patient. You will want to touch then once in a while to see how it is going. I made an offer on an 05 and am palying that game now. We will see how it turns out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2003 myself...and am thinking of selling it this summer. My 2003 is unique in that it did not get placed into service until December 29, 2003, meaning that the factory warranty runs until the end of 2007, versus most 2003's which I am sure expire now, or already

To the gents that replied in this forum regarding a "fair price", do you think that a buyer would value the 6 remaining months under factory warranty on my vehicle? I'd almost market it as a 2004 if it was just a few days later when it went into service.

Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have a 2003 myself...and am thinking of selling it this summer. My 2003 is unique in that it did not get placed into service until December 29, 2003, meaning that the factory warranty runs until the end of 2007, versus most 2003's which I am sure expire now, or already

To the gents that replied in this forum regarding a "fair price", do you think that a buyer would value the 6 remaining months under factory warranty on my vehicle? I'd almost market it as a 2004 if it was just a few days later when it went into service.

don't know how unique it really is.
my 05 spyder's in service date is in june 06.
there are a few maserati's out there that are not registered until the year after the model year.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

are you going to trade it in or are you going to sell it private party sale?

if it is low miles with 6MT lemme know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts