Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys, bought a 2012 Granturismo MC Sportline with 20k miles on it for 55k, needs some work on the front RH suspension. This wire/cable from the caliper is broken off and I have literally no idea what it is, and I need to replace it so I can get the car rolling. I thought I found it on scuderia car parts but it looks a little bit different on the diagram & in the photos than how it looks on my car? I showed my mechanic the piece I wanted to buy and he told me it's not the correct part, my suspicions were correct. SO the point at which they connect do not seem to be the same. Can someone point me in the right direction?

This is the first time using this forum as a proper maserati owner (I've lusted to be able to say this since I was a teenager) and I have no one else to turn to, so I'm hoping my new maserati family can help me out here (I'm desperate lol)

The first image is the broken part on the wheel knuckle
The second image is the broken part inside the wheel well
The third image is the same part on the opposite side of the car, undamaged, as a reference
The fourth image is the diagram I found on Scuderia Car parts
The fifth image is the image of the replacement part I thought I needed, showing incorrect fitment piece

My mechanic does not know these cars and I have to figure this out on my own, I thought I did but I am mistaken and feel defeated lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Well...Congrats & Welcome (y)
First, I'm just curious as to whether you were looking for a project type car or something??? I only ask because I've seen a number of perfectly well sorted GT's in that price range...
As far as your pics are concerned, arrows are pointing to a severed brake line, that has at the very least contaminated the entire braking system. I would be surprised if that caliper isn't frozen stuck/requiring a caliper rebuild. Do you know the cause of this damage? Not meaning to sound like Captain Obvious, just my observation.
It appears you might need number "8"
Product Font Rectangle Slope Parallel

Reactions: m0ax

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...Congrats & Welcome (y)
First, I'm just curious as to whether you were looking for a project type car or something??? I only ask because I've seen a number of perfectly well sorted GT's in that price range...
As far as your pics are concerned, arrows are pointing to a severed brake line, that has at the very least contaminated the entire braking system. I would be surprised if that caliper isn't frozen stuck/requiring a caliper rebuild. Do you know the cause of this damage? Not meaning to sound like Captain Obvious, just my observation.
It appears you might need number "8"
View attachment 137456
I actually crashed it myself in my neighborhood back in October going low speeds, it actually ripped the whole wheel off the car, completely cracked the knuckle. Worl has me swamped so I'm just now getting to it unfortunately.
This does in fact look like the right piece, I shouldn't be concerned that this is for the sport model and not the MC?
And the braking system being contaminated, is there a way to check for that? Like what would the remedy for that be?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks like you have severed both the brake line and the wheel speed sensor line (which I think is part of the hub assembly). Not sure where you live, but you would probably want to find a mechanic who is familiar with Maseratis in this case if your current mechanic is not familiar with the parts.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I actually crashed it myself in my neighborhood back in October going low speeds, it actually ripped the whole wheel off the car, completely cracked the knuckle. Worl has me swamped so I'm just now getting to it unfortunately.
This does in fact look like the right piece, I shouldn't be concerned that this is for the sport model and not the MC?
And the braking system being contaminated, is there a way to check for that? Like what would the remedy for that be?
Ah ok, at least you know how it happened (y)
This part should be the exact same for the Sport and the MC.
Once the brake lines are reinstalled and the braking system is fully intact, you're going to need to bleed, preferably pressure bleed, the entire braking system. Your car sitting like this since last October, you can't be sure the pistons in the brake caliper aren't frozen as well. Having the wheel ripped off the car could easily have caused damage to other suspension components. Personally, I would pony up with my insurance company and just have it towed to a capable shop for the proper repairs and correct suspension components alignment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts