Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Maserati GT Coupe Manual transmission. I want to buy an after market exhaust. I know you all have opinions. Please list your favorite exhaust and why. Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Don't bother with an expensive exhaust, just replace the rear mufflers with straight pipes. Several posts concerning this on the site.
Mike

·
Registered
681 Posts
You can do custom or buy a name brand. I'm going to basing an exhaust off my 06 Coupe GT in 07. My goal is to make it reasonably priced (less than $1,000 if possible).

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the fuchs on my coupe. Yes, they look and sound great. I put a BMC filter in at the same time and the car does feel quicker.

Jalpa_Mike said:
Wow Kevin, can't wait to see what you come up with. $3000.00 plus for a Tubi is just nuts. And, speaking of nuts.... has anyone seen these exhausts???

They are EXPENSIVE!!! But I've never seen a shine like that!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-IN-CASE-FUCHS-SPORT-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-MASERATI-4200_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ016QQitemZ260037708136QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Mike
'02 GT Coupe

·
Registered
339 Posts
Fabspeed

Fabspeed makes handmade systems that compete with Tubi, $1400 and dyno proven results. They're extremely popular in the Porsche crowd and Joe started to design and make something for personal Ferrari and that somehow led to a Maserati system. I've seen it in person and planning on installing it myself in the next month or so

http://www.fabspeed.com/maserati.html

They're also one of the US importers for BMC filters so pick one of those up at the same time

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mille162,

Glad to see another Aprilia owner out there! :D

I have a 2004 Aprilia Futura.

So guys, if you had to rate the exhaust systems, which has the best "Growl" but not Formula 1 loud?? hhahaa..

Fuchs, Tubi, FabSpeed, Stebro, Quicksilver... or???

Thanks for the tips!

Mike
'02 GT Coupe

·
Registered
202 Posts
Straight Pipes man...

and if you really want to go nuts, take out the back and the center mufflers. the sound will be glorious.;)

-willie

·
Registered
114 Posts
this morning I have brought my Coupe to get the center replaced by
straight pipes, cost estimation CHF 400 which is USD 320 (incl labour).

I missed to record a before vid, but will definetely post a vid as soon
i get my beauty back.

cheers
Iwan

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Iwan said:
this morning I have brought my Coupe to get the center replaced by
straight pipes, cost estimation CHF 400 which is USD 320 (incl labour).

I missed to record a before vid, but will definetely post a vid as soon
i get my beauty back.

cheers
Iwan
well and now, i got it back. let me give you an advise, don't waste money
by buying expensive brand 'mufflers', go and get your middle section replaced
by straight pipes, i have never ever invested a couple bucks for more
excitement on a car. now the sound is like it suposed to be.....difference
is like day and night........

vid's will follow...... holy moly.....

cheers
iwan

·
Registered
202 Posts
thebimbo said:
Willie, this is mentioned often enough but do you have vids or audio of the sound?? Much appreciated...
I'll try to get some video from my phone today, but it could be crappy.

I'll take my camcorder out this weekend and do a pro wannabee shoot.

-willie

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can replace both your rear boxs and center resonator with straight through pipes at any competent muffler shop.

The center section replacement was a $150 dollar 15 minute job, but the rear section took longer and I bought some really expensive 3" Quad tips so the rear job alone cost me $350.00 with tips.

Total job was $500.00 and worth every penny! I always thought that if it was too loud I would wire in some electronic butterflies and weld in a very small muffler for when I want the sound low at the push of a button, but I am so happy with it and it is exactly as it should sound. This should have been the sport sound on the gransports.

robb

1 - 20 of 24 Posts