Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a '04 coupe.
Is it built into the latch mechanism? I know the inside has a microswitch... and it is fine getting out of the car.
But from the outside, my window is does not dip until the door is already opening. This causes it to slightly catch as I open the door. If I carefully pull the handle slow while holding the door shut, it does not catch.

Just want to make sure I order the right part. Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sechack , Yes it is integral in the door LOCK/LATCH assembly.
If the glass does dip with the outside handle pulled, however slow or light etc. then the switch works. Remove the door panel (with the window up) and manually close the latch w/ a screwdriver, then watch the rod linkage when you pull the outside handle, if it is broken,replace it, if seems out of adjustment then pop off the end link and screw it in to shorten the rod, adjust as necessary. It is tight inside there but not inaccessible. There is a remote chance that the lock/latch assembly is just tired and worn out.Let me know if you need guidance on removing the door panel. Best of luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kent. I took the door apart and did test the latch with a screw driver as you described. It works. So the switch is fine, I agree. I did not see how to adjust the rod though. There is a plastic rod that connects the latch to the key cylinder but that just controls the window dip from the key. There is a metal rod from the outside door handle (number 5 in the diagram). I do not see a way to trip the window switch earlier before the door pops open or how to adjust the number 5 rod.

Any thoughts?

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/userImages/031/Large/031_117.gif

·
Registered
431 Posts
door removal proc

Dear kent
Can you please give me the procedure to remove the right hand door. Do I need to remove the battery conncetions as I am afraid that the airbag might be deployed.
I need to take the door off as my mirror doesnt retract. I bought a whole new mirror assembly. Can I swap the inards to keep the original housing as I dont want to repaint if I can help it. I understand that the glass is very hard to swap without breaking-any tips/tricks?

Can I just remove the outside screws of the mirror to inspect if a retracting wire has come off-whats your advice?

All other functions seem to work fine until recently when my mirrors dont dip in reverse mode-I suspect its the fuse. Where is the fuse please?

Just another thing the drivers seat (RHD UK model), does not work from before , I replaced the fuse but works for a short while until fuse breaks.
The other seat is ok.
I have a 02/03 CC 4200.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Door panel removal

The panel is fairly easy to remove. There are screws along the bottom, one right under the arm rest, under the large and small speakers, in the door pull trim, under the metal trim on the top of the door and under the reflector. I think that is all of them. Then after unplugging and removing the speakers, pull the door panel out and up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So is it "adjustable"?

So anyone know if you can "adjust" the timing of the dip for the outside door handle? Or is it just replacement of the latch assembly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Figured it out!

On top of the exterior door handle, there is a micro switch in the door. When you pull the handle a bit, it is supposed to trigger the window drop. If the switch is not working or must adjusted, the latch mechanism also has a delayed window drop switch. (fail safe?) It turns out my switch on the door handle is bad. The problem is you can only replace the harness with 2 switches, one for the window dip, and the one for the key cylinder actuated power locks. This part cost $180! No way I am going to pay that for a $10 switch....

I looked up some switches online and I think I ordered a similar one. Stay tuned!
:D

BTW you need to remove the window glass from the door to get this part out.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Ferrari of Seattle

I just took the car to Ferrari of Seattle to have this issue fixed. I will let you know how much was and what exactly they did.
Kent Woodworth is a gr8 asset to this forum and we should all be thankfull for all his help.:)
Great to see all this happening on the daily basis.
h.h.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Had the same problem with the passenger side window catching on the rubber...
the problem was eventually fixed without requiring any new part... so I would guess there is a way to adjust it, might be through computer though...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, new switch is in and the window drops as soon as you give the outside handle a little pull! :D

If your window does not drop until the door is opening, your switch is bad or the lever on the switch needs some tweaking.

Part was V4NST7-UL ordered from http://www.alliedelec.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts