Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

I was lucky to do a "Porsche Destination Drive" at the M1 course in Michigan a couple weeks ago. Gave my brother an I an opportunity to really drive the hell out of a 911 GTS, 911 S, 718 Cayman S, and a Boxster S, amongst others (cayenne, panamera etc.)

This got me thinking on what my next car may be. I'm lucky to have a 2014 Mas GT coupe, however this was my first higher end car. Many of you have been lucky to have owned other brands and I was just looking for some input. I plan on a new purchase in approx a year. I'm not looking to track or race my car btw. Also wondering how some of you with multiple cars garage all your cars? big garage? storage unit? lift?

Some things I've been eyeballing are:

Ferrari F430 (coupe or spyder) or 458 Italia (coupe or spyder)
Porsche 911 S
Merc AMG GT
BMW M4
Aston Martin Vanquish or DB 9/11

I'd love to hear any stories good or bad or experiences. open to other ideas as well!

thanks in advance
-K

·
Registered
461 Posts
Forget the German cars, Maserati has ruined your tolerance for fat boring quiet cars.

I would add the FF to that list.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
My vote goes to the AM , either one of the three models mentioned ..maybe with a very small preference to the 11 ; not sure why, just a feeling ..

Ferraris are great no doubt ( and the other cars are all excellent in their own right ) but they're also a totally " different animal " whereas think the DBs are a more suitable choice to follow the Maserati GT ( coupe or cabrio ) if you're looking to stay within a similar class of luxurious automobile and still with spectacular looks ..

I was looking at one of the newer Jaguar F type " R " , because I thought the lines were half way decent , and serious power , but did not care about the ergonomics sitting at the wheel, the whole cabin was much smaller than the Maserati GT, and also I wasn't overly impressed about how it drove . I suspect the MBZ GTS is similar in that respect as well ..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice guys...anyone else with experience with ferrari, AM, porsche vs. Maserati?
which would you buy next or in addition to the mas GT?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't forget the new AM Vantage should be released shortly. That will certainly be on my short list...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts