Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am jumping the gun a bit, but the factory warranty on my 05 GS runs out this December. The car has been in the shop several times for rough idle, ODBII light issues, and small electrical blips. Nothing major yet. These were all covered under warranty. My fear is that the cost of finding and fixing issues out of warranty will be very expensive - and anything major (transmission, engine, etc) will be even bigger.

What is the consensus on whether to sell and get a later model, get an extended warranty (recommendations?) or just keeping driving....

Thanks,

·
Registered
78 Posts
To warranty or not to warranty . . . .

One thing this forum does is provide a fairly comprehensive database on which you can predict the cost of owning the vehicle.

I investigated extended warranties and from the data provided in this forum, it didn't seem practical. I can guestimate with a comfrotable degree of predictability what and when something's going to be an issue with the car.

For a driver who puts heavy mileage on a vehicle it might be worth the expense. But for a weekend warrior like me who adds less than 5k annually, it just doesn't add up.

Newer vehicle? Giving up extra $ for a newer model with nominal mods. just to get a warranty is quite a venture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts