Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm heading up to the Napa area this Friday and on to Concorso Italiano next week. Probably a 1,000 miles in total but I only do once a year.

Aside from checking the oil, coolant and tires, do you have any other quick check advice?

Marc

·
Registered
196 Posts
Your wallet, credit card, triple A card and your fraternal order of police "get out of jail freecard". Some cash for when the credit card swipers don't work.

A roll of duct tape, and a vise grip for anything the above won't cure ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
(888) 371-1802 maserati roadside.

You'll be fine...are you taking PCH all the way? the only thing you need to worry about is them turkeys driving 20mph in front of ya!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
(888) 371-1802 maserati roadside.

You'll be fine...are you taking PCH all the way? the only thing you need to worry about is them turkeys driving 20mph in front of ya!!
Last week I drove PCH from SF to Santa Cruz. How I wish I had my Maser instead of that POS rental!

So not to hijack the thread, I would take a beautiful blonde along just in case :cool:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've put 65K miles on my 05 mostly in road trips in cool places; several trips up and down Hwy 1 in California. Never let me down. I just get in it and go and don't worry about it. The chances of a great driver are much higher than the chances of dying. And anything in between can be tolerated and fixed up for a better trip next time.

Important thing to check though!
Is your iPOD up to date or your CDs in order. Can't do a good road trip without the right music.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi there,

I'm heading up to the Napa area this Friday and on to Concorso Italiano next week. Probably a 1,000 miles in total but I only do once a year.

Aside from checking the oil, coolant and tires, do you have any other quick check advice?

Marc
Have one quart of the appropriate grade engine oil - my cars burns about a half-quart in 1500 miles.

Make sure you have the right DVD's to entertain any passenger in the back seat :D

Enjoy the drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts