Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Here.

I recently got a Black 04 Spyder , added a Tubi! Next is springs. I do have skyhook , I am curious who makes or can recommend a low spring for me to get? to me the car looks like it sits too high from the factory.

Also, I would like to buy some Grand sport wheels if anyone is selling any...????

·
Registered
835 Posts
adpro said:
New Here.
I recently got a Black 04 Spyder , added a Tubi! Next is springs. I do have skyhook , I am curious who makes or can recommend a low spring for me to get? to me the car looks like it sits too high from the factory
hello and welcome

you should be able to lower your baby as-is. the skyhook is a coil over system. the topic has been discuss numerous times and you can find them through search. i believe there is also an alignment spec posted.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That is correct. Skyhook cars are pretty easy to lower. My dealer lowered mine for about $900 including getting the alignment right after lowering, which is a bit of trial and error as I understand it.
Also, will you be selling the original wheels? I would be interested if they are the seven spoke style.
MikeA

·
Registered
201 Posts
adpro said:
who makes or can recommend a low spring for me to get?
The people who lowered with stock springs reported a bouncier ride overall. Leo Nardo makes shorter, stiffer springs to lower skyhook cars. Search forum for "sports springs" (sic).

LN springs + installation run you more $ than screwing down the mounts, but it is probably worth it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just replaced my original seven spoke wheels and would be willing to sell the set. They are silver (not ball polished) and in very good condition. Need pictures?

MikeA said:
That is correct. Skyhook cars are pretty easy to lower. My dealer lowered mine for about $900 including getting the alignment right after lowering, which is a bit of trial and error as I understand it.
Also, will you be selling the original wheels? I would be interested if they are the seven spoke style.
MikeA

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would also be interested..

Macadoo or Adpro...

I am looking for 7 Spoke rims as well..

feel free to PM me.

thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Macadoo or Adpro
I am also interested in some spare seven spoke wheels. At a minimum I would like one front and one rear. I can use just about any finish, and some minor curb rash is also ok, since I intend to get them refinished with a black pearl powder coat anyway. If these are still available, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
How's this? First person to respond at $1200 gets them, and I'll pay for shipping in the US. The center caps are shot (if I remember correctly, only one still has all the Maserati symbol fully intact), and there is no real curb rash, but some very small scuffing which you need to kneel down to see. I'll send you some hi-res photos to approve before I ship them out.

Since I'm cleaning out storage, anyone out there need a spare or replacement set of the rear factory exhaust? Cheap.

MikeA said:
Macadoo or Adpro
I am also interested in some spare seven spoke wheels. At a minimum I would like one front and one rear. I can use just about any finish, and some minor curb rash is also ok, since I intend to get them refinished with a black pearl powder coat anyway. If these are still available, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks. I'll check into the place where I want to get them refinished and hopefully have you ship them directly there. I live in Northern Calif.
Thanks again.
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info on the lowering. I was under the car on a Lift yesterday ( I installed Glasspacks in place of the resonator -Thanks Demoe! It sounds perfect now with the Tubi's! )
While there I noticed how much adjustment there was on the suspension.
When I can score some GS rims & am going to do it all at once. wheels - Tires-lowering-alignment.
And if it ends up being Too rough a ride, then I will Pick up some springs.
until then.....

Grand Sport wheels anyone?

I will be keeping my ball polished set I have now until I get the new rims.

·
Registered
835 Posts
adpro said:
...I installed Glasspacks in place of the resonator -Thanks Demoe! It sounds perfect now with the Tubi's!...
what does it sound like? video clip?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will get around to it Give a little time to get that, ,
It just adds a little more rasp & growl to the TUBI system. I had straight pipes in place of the resonator, it sounded mean but kinda embarassing. so I added the packs & now it's right in the middle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts