Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought that I'd be interested, but I have recently become intriqued with this car at FOH.

Coupe
F1
Skyhook
4,000 miles
Yellow/Black
New clutch
New tires

This car has been used as a demo and has probably spent half it's life at the track where it was used mostly by the owner of FOH. Because of this, the car has been fully sorted out. Everything works the way that it is supposed to work.

So what do you think? $75k, $70K, $65K, or $60k?

Thx, DrTax

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The initial throw-a-way price was $75k, which is too much. I'm guessing that $65k is closer to the mark, but I'm concerned that the real number might be $60k.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you're right. A good deal may be around $60K. But being a dealer, they're probably trying to get at least $65K. The good thing is that these cars aren't selling, and you can bargain with them. If they won't budge, just tell them that there are plenty more for sale elsewhere.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another thing to consider is that, in addition to the next-gen models due in 2006, there are press reports that a *substantial* facelift/update could be seen next year. If this is true, the current generations could be "outdated" very soon.

PS - I place "outdated" in quotes for obvious reasons. Regardless of what happens with the evolution of the model, currently available Masers are still fantastic cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ebrigham said:
Another thing to consider is that, in addition to the next-gen models due in 2006, there are press reports that a *substantial* facelift/update could be seen next year. If this is true, the current generations could be "outdated" very soon.

PS - I place "outdated" in quotes for obvious reasons. Regardless of what happens with the evolution of the model, currently available Masers are still fantastic cars.
Yes, I am very aware that a complete restyle is in the wind. FOH was the one that gave me the link to the new car. And, of course, this is why I so concerned. A new Ferrari Maranello will depreciate about 30% in three years. It looks like the Masers are doing this inside of 2 years! Even worse, I'll be moving out of a 2002 Porsche TT if I do this so....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts