Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Just curious. What are members next car purchase, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a Maserati? Also what time frame are you considering your next car?

Also what brought you to this decision?

For me, I'd like to trade in the Cayenne soon, since I don't really need two SUV family haulers. And once my wife's GT3 RS loan is paid off, in a little over 2 years, I'd like to get back into a Ferrari or something similar. Hopefully a 458 if it's dropped below $200k or a 430 or Scuderia. Although I love the MC it's not a sports car but a grand tourer. Would love to have another sports car in my garage. I haven't ruled out the Alfa Romeo 4C yet either :)

What is your next car purchase?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Selling my QP and buying the Tesla Model S
Sweet. Keep us posted on the Model S. A friend of mine from training just got one and he loves it

·
Registered
651 Posts
Volt, what swung it for you? It is a lovely looking car.
Bought the QP as a family car for going out to social events, dinners and visiting friends/relatives etc. It works fine for anything local but not so much for longer (>1 hour) journeys. iPhones wont connect, can't listen to music that we want without a lot of hassle, can't watch DVDs, trunk is too small for all our stuff and kids are just wary of spilling anything so they get cranky. Overall it isn't a 'fun' journey for the family. I just think the Tesla makes more sense. I am just waiting for the charging stations to be built out so that I can go down to VA and TN without running out of juice. And I am looking to add a 1960's Maserati...a 3500 or Sebring. That will be perfect for local use...short drives for dinner, movies and so on.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bought the QP as a family car for going out to social events, dinners and visiting friends/relatives etc. It works fine for anything local but not so much for longer (>1 hour) journeys. iPhones wont connect, can't listen to music that we want without a lot of hassle, can't watch DVDs, trunk is too small for all our stuff and kids are just wary of spilling anything so they get cranky. Overall it isn't a 'fun' journey for the family. I just think the Tesla makes more sense. I am just waiting for the charging stations to be built out so that I can go down to VA and TN without running out of juice. And I am looking to add a 1960's Maserati...a 3500 or Sebring. That will be perfect for local use...short drives for dinner, movies and so on.
For your family, look into the Tesla Model X unless a smaller sports car is what you are after. The head room in the back seat is not for adults but you will have tons of cargo space. The model X will be available in a about 6 months.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Selling my QP and buying the Tesla Model S
Voltrader, you will have a full blown sensory relapse when that happens. I can't help but think for the first month when you pull away from the house, you'll feel like you've forgotten something - yeah, the sound of an Italian V8.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am focused on adding a Austin Healey 3000 MK III to my collection

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
Bought the QP as a family car for going out to social events, dinners and visiting friends/relatives etc. It works fine for anything local but not so much for longer (>1 hour) journeys. iPhones wont connect, can't listen to music that we want without a lot of hassle, can't watch DVDs, trunk is too small for all our stuff and kids are just wary of spilling anything so they get cranky. Overall it isn't a 'fun' journey for the family. I just think the Tesla makes more sense. I am just waiting for the charging stations to be built out so that I can go down to VA and TN without running out of juice.
Interesting the new QP 6 or Ghibli didn't match this requirement - did the styling of the Tesla come into play as well?

And I am looking to add a 1960's Maserati...a 3500 or Sebring. That will be perfect for local use...short drives for dinner, movies and so on.
What a stylish way to stay with the marque - best of luck with the search and please keep us informed!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Assuming the boss/wife approves this should be in my garage before 10 a.m. monday morning!

McLaren 2014 McLaren MP4-12C Spider - New Inventory
You're kill'n me!;) Great taste,,,
I met an ex air force guy at cars and coffee Dallas who picked up a 2013, coupe, and he and his wife put some serious miles on it.. he loves it and uses it as a travel car... Dallas to Vegas to Chicago multiple times.. He absolutely loves his.

For me, I've been looking, tire kicking, a Ferrari California down at Boardwalk here in Plano..... Thoughts on the car? I originally went down the SLS path, but may be shifting gears...still a couple months out though at best. 2014's seem to be a good value v pre-owned. No garage space left so I'd have to part with something and I'm emotionally attached to my stuff.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice to see you back Doc!!!!! Grats on the MC love the yellow ( not many yellow out there).

Last month I picked up a C63 AMG "507" edition coupe in matte platinum. Car is a great DD and a beast.
Once its got a tune on it it will be more of "German muscle car". The M156 Engine is awesome. Sounds great buy nothing compares to the GT-MC we own.

This is the car in its stock form. Mods to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sweet. Keep us posted on the Model S. A friend of mine from training just got one and he loves it
Yes I sure will. It may be a while before I pull the trigger.
Whatever you do, get the Performance 85, nothing less. Get dual batteries for the Super Chargers. Don't go cheap on the battery or the performance package. I recommend the parking sensors and the upgraded sound system. You will love this car. It is like nothing else.
Thanks for the advice. That's very helpful coming from an existing owner. I was leaning towards the P85, after having the QP for 4 years, I guess it is almost the logical option to go for. Thanks for the heads up about the parking sensors and sound system. I didn't think about them.
For your family, look into the Tesla Model X unless a smaller sports car is what you are after. The head room in the back seat is not for adults but you will have tons of cargo space. The model X will be available in a about 6 months.
I will speak to the missus about it. She may go for it.
Voltrader, you will have a full blown sensory relapse when that happens. I can't help but think for the first month when you pull away from the house, you'll feel like you've forgotten something - yeah, the sound of an Italian V8.
That is my biggest fear. Every time I fire her up, I still get the same sensation that I had on day 1. Every ride no matter how short, is still an event for me. Never a dull moment that’s for sure.
Interesting the new QP 6 or Ghibli didn't match this requirement - did the styling of the Tesla come into play as well?
What a stylish way to stay with the marque - best of luck with the search and please keep us informed!
I really like the new QP and Ghibli but I am not connecting to them emotionally. I can’t explain it but there isn’t even the slightest kindling in my heart that says I should get one. IMO the Tesla S has shades of the QP doesn’t it? Though the front grill part is dull and boring. The car does have really good road presence though.
As for the 60s Masers, they are so underrated but are beginning to reflect their true market value. I had better jump on one before they get away.

·
Registered
586 Posts
As for the 60s Masers, they are so underrated but are beginning to reflect their true market value. I had better jump on one before they get away.
Good call Volt

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice to see you back Doc!!!!! Grats on the MC love the yellow ( not many yellow out there).

Last month I picked up a C63 AMG "507" edition coupe in matte platinum. Car is a great DD and a beast.
Once its got a tune on it it will be more of "German muscle car". The M156 Engine is awesome. Sounds great buy nothing compares to the GT-MC we own.

This is the car in its stock form. Mods to follow.
Hey Ruff

Thanks for the nice welcome. I have considered a C63 for a while. Yours if very clean and sharp looking. Do you have any audio clips of the engine or exhaust note?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts