Maserati Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Wow. Is there anything global warming can't do? I suppose next they'll be telling us it will turn the straight gay and the gay straight. I guess I'll just have to enjoy every glass of porter a little bit more before the end of the world. :cheers:

I don't think they considered that just like every other time the climate has changed, people just grow different crops in different regions. I don't think we'll stop drinking beer anytime soon.
True, and not unlike the media to latch on to something and use sensationalist / hyped up tactics to promote something or overkill a certain point they're trying to get across. Just as you pointed out, this isn't the first time it happened ( even temporary climate shifts in any given year have caused the price of oranges , or strawberries, or grapes and whatever other crops are more prone to issues from significant weather fluctuations to go up ) and yet the world survived :wink2:and found a way or alternative ways to deal with it That said, this thing will likely be affected by heat, and who knows how many other regions can quickly start growing and producing hops or barley to offset the current reduction and increasing prices . Not at all sure how long it takes to grow and harvest those kind of crops , I'm worried more about wine production being affected by climate, those friggin' vines need decades to grow..:frown2: So I'm sure prices will go up , but by as much as but 3 X as the article claims ? Nah, I don't see that happening . However, if a six bottle pack of Stella Artois, or Spaten or some microbrewery beer is going to cost me $ 30 , I won't be happy .

·
Registered
31 Posts
some of the new plates to replace styrofoam are made from sugar cane,

do your part --

drink rum to help in the collection of the sugar cane needed to rid the planet of styrofoam.

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts
some of the new plates to replace styrofoam are made from sugar cane,

do your part --

drink rum to help in the collection of the sugar cane needed to rid the planet of styrofoam.
Mmmmm, rum...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
We occasionally get together with a couple of friends for "local" wine tasting trips ( a two to three hour drive radius from where we live) mostly in Napa or in Paso Robles CA. The T-shirt design pictured below is what I always wear on those trips - it consistently gets lots of compliments, and numerous inquiries as to where I got it. So FWIW, its' from Ames Brothers collection ( Ames Bros online shop ) just in case anyone is interested in getting one for events where indulging in a few spirits is involved. Cheers !:wink2:

p.s. I have no affiliation whatsoever with Ames Bos.

Attachments

81 - 85 of 85 Posts