Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I typically stick with a vodka on the rocks, preferably Grey Goose(I am of French ancestory after all), but sometimes I drink Three Olives. However when my wife and I were on a roadtrip we stopped at a distillery in Kentucky and learned a little about bourbon. There I tried and later purchased a bottle of Elijah Craig 18 year single barrel. It was about $50 for a 750ml bottle so it is a realistic bottle for most people. I tried it first straight up, and then the director added 2 drops of water to it. That made the flavors explode in the glass. It was so smooth and the carnal and oak melded together to almost become a maple syrup type flavor. If any of you get the opportunity, I recommend trying it, even if you aren't bourbon fans.

So, does anybody else have something we should try sometime?

Nick

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
On rare occasions, I'm allowed to stick my head back into the rum barrel.
Not often.

At my age, beer and wine are favorite tipple.... nothing near $50/bottle - I'd be broke in a month.

I see your "peeping" habit goes beyond the bedroom :rolleyes:

Curiosity killed the cat !!:cool:

Watch for Adler's one word answer

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At my age, beer and wine are favorite tipple.... nothing near $50/bottle - I'd be broke in a month.
Yeah, that bottle has still got some enjoyment in it and it is 2 years old. It's not a normal pour at my house.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still pretty young too, but damn!

That gives me a headache thinking about it.

Nick

·
Registered
778 Posts
Im a whiskey/scotch man myself. I enjoy Crown Royal cask no16 the most. My home bar is mostly stocked with Crown Royal reserve/deluxe, Johnny Walker black label, Macallans 12/18yr, Belvedere, Patron silver, and various champagnes/wines plus some other fruity liquors for the women.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Motul 5w40

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Im a whiskey/scotch man myself. I enjoy Crown Royal cask no16 the most. My home bar is mostly stocked with Crown Royal reserve/deluxe, Johnny Walker black label, Macallans 12/18yr, Belvedere, Patron silver, and various champagnes/wines plus some other fruity liquors for the women.
That's Canadian liquor, my man - Canadian Rye Whiskey

If you ever get to Canada, just ask for "Rye"...
May i pls have a rye and ..??/

Thats it - you're in!!:cheers:

·
Registered
778 Posts
That's Canadian liquor, my man - Canadian Rye Whiskey

If you ever get to Canada, just ask for "Rye"...
May i pls have a rye and ..??/

Thats it - you're in!!:cheers:

Oh, didn't know that. :cheers: Whats the difference between rye and whiskey or is it just a different type of whiskey?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Oh, didn't know that. :cheers: Whats the difference between rye and whiskey or is it just a different type of whiskey?
Its geography - its culture - they are the same , really

Canadians call your 'whiskey' - 'rye'.

Bourbon is bourbon both sides of the border

Another thing - getting/being "Pissed" in Canada can mean getting/being drunk - instead of angry .

Tread carefully..... quicksand lurks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I hardly ever drink, but I am partial to a well prepared white russian.
I had a sister in law once. Said she didn't drink.

I say "Sorry"...She says "Unless its Tequila"
OOOpps... none here

Don't worry, I have some here in my pocketbook

Doesn't drink........... but carries !!!!!!

She was a drunk !!!!!!!!:cheers:

As I sais -- Quicksand

1 - 20 of 85 Posts