Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 BMW 330i E46 ZHP (6 speed manual) that I "daily drive", daily driver is sort of strange words in my vocabulary because I do not commute everyday but I do make a few around town quick trips a few times a week.

I drive my GT 2-3 times a week depending on the weather and road conditions. I only drive my GT around 660KMs per month, roughly 8,000KMs each year depending on the circumstances.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,592 Posts
Yeah, this car is great for road trips.. at the moment I can’t think of anything better for that purpose ( maybe a DB 11 or Ferrari Roma ..but both at nosebleed prices ..).
Regretfully, I’ve taken it only on three ( approx. 1 K miles r.t. each ) road trips, and four or five 200-300 miles r.t. ones, since I bought it . Just haven’t had the opportunity too often, but once I retire, it’ll get a lot more road trip use.

·
Registered
828 Posts
At 60 I seem to have grown into this as my daily. Everytime I start it, the smiles grow and it is such a joy to drive. You own an e46, think of this as a 5 series from your era super crisp handling and suspension with the motor BMW never built. esp the sound. She did a non stop 1250 mile Ct to FL trip in 2020. may do it again this fall and throw in 2 days at VIR on the way down.

Reactions: Tony Montana 1983

·
Registered
694 Posts
Up here we all have trucks or SUVs as our daily’s. Gotta have something that can do serious winter driving!
That said, wife’s dd is a Toyota 4Runner and mine is my work truck, Toyota Tundra. But I’d rather drive my GT any day!!! Well, unless it’s winter….

·
Registered
2004 4200 (not a cambiocorsa hater)
224 Posts
I used to DD my 4200 but now it’s a Lexus CT200h. I might go back to the 4200 soon and next spring pic up a GT MC to daily.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts