Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following link takes you to a page of Euro Spares.

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.asp?M=3&Mo=496&A=2&B=28236&S=

To the right of the main illustration are some US only parts that seem to indicate additional protection for the wheel arch.

I am looking for some form of anti-stone-chip protection for wheel arch lip due to the damage I have seen on some 3200's and think these may be just what I need to protect my 4200.

Can any one confirm what they are for and if I am barking up the right tree?

Thank you

·
Registered
241 Posts
Part

I think these are just clear film appliques, like 3M film. I have them on my 04 Spyder and they're starting to peal off. Could be wrong though.
Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doug, my thoughts too.

Suprised they are standard on US models but not on UK...After all our cars rust far better/quicker over this side of the pond!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any chance of a photo or 2 if anyone has these fitted.
I'm also a Brit and like Safrane has written these could save our metal over here.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yes - that would be a clear 3M type film. I have the same on my US spec GS and they're barely visible and do a great job protecting from road rash.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The photo wouldn't show anything-it's clear. If you're worried about chips definitely try these. They have no affect on the look of the car.
Doug

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have them on my 2004 US Coupe. They barely stick out around the fender flare and are a clear film. One of my front is beginning to peel just barely and i'll have to work on it this spring. Can't really get a good photo, but attached a photo I took when I bought the car as I was concern about it at the time.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts