Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 GranTurismo. After reading (and posting) several threads in this forum on the ipod, lack there-of I have come to the conclusion that the auzilary jack is the only way to get music from ipod to play thru the stereo speakers (and you need to play dj in the glove box to shuffle / pick songs / etc instead of thru the radio unit like most average cars). My question is what is the purpose of the usb port next to the aux jack input? I thought it was to hook up a flash drive to play music (as a bunch of threads in this forum indicated something to that nature) but when i do hook up my flash drive to the usb port nothing happens. And i cannot for the life of me figure out where or what setting would reference it anyway.

Anyone? Am I missing something basic here? What are all the threads refering to some sort of external drive or "card" and where would that hook in? May be a seperate question than the usb question....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. another follow up then? i keep seeing people post references to attaching some other memory card with music on it. i thought it was to go thru here, any thoughts on what thats about. also, is there anyway to access the hard drive on the radio other than thru the cd? i.e. must i burn cd's to the hard drive, or is there some other way to get music on there? the cd burn takes forever for each cd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the CD is the only way. However, it will read a CD of mp3 files in individual album folders, so if you have the music in mp3 format, this saves a lot of discs and energy. Will also read CDRW's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
According to the Maserati Grantrusimo Multi Media System manual on page 33 there should be an option to "Copy USB to Jukebox" under USB mode menu. I try copying the files from my USB stick but no luck. I will try again tommorrow, maybe it has something to do with the size of the usb stick?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Usb mode menu? i have navigated the mediaa center several times, dont think i have come acros that menu. please let me know if you have any luckk with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I may have the answer...

I've just bought a Granturismo S and have spent quite a bit of time trying to work this out as the manual isn't clear. There are two types of USB socket. The basic one which comes with all cars is the USB Recharge Socket (symbol like a rectangle with a pair of brackets in it) - this just recharges ipods etc but nothing else.

The alternative which is an option (comes if you order bluetooth) is USB Full Socket. This has the usual USB symbol beside it (a bit like a trident). This enables you to play music via the USB setting on the screen...OR to download USB memory sticks (& MP3 players) onto the Jukebox.

BUT it doesn't work with iPods - perhaps it is because of the DRM protection? It only seems to work with unprotected MP3 players. So I downloaded a piece of software which converts my iTunes tracks to MP3. I then put these onto a very large memory stick, stuck it in the Maser USB and selected 'copy' on the screen...and (eventually) got all the music on the Maser hard drive + titles etc.

It took ages (several nights) to convert the iTunes tracks (used Tune4mac.com). It also takes ages for the Maser to take the stuff off the memory stick - it doesn't tell you it is doing it either - you just have to wait.

Hope this is some help

·
Registered
13 Posts
The alternative which is an option (comes if you order bluetooth) is USB Full Socket.
I went back and read the manual and you are right, apparently their are two versions of the usb socket. Based on the sticker under the glove compartment I think I have the recharge one only probably the same with D69stang (if you had the other version when you plug the usb in it should play automatically). What I don't understand is that I bought a 2009 model. Isn't the 2009 model come with Bluetooth standard? I know for sure I have bluetooth in my car. For a 100k plus car I'm surprise it doesn't have an alternative to upload your files. Regardless, I love the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will check the sticker on my usb port to double check. I agree wiith tyguy completely. bot my car new in november and has bluetooth (i.e. my phone works fine thru the system with no wires, assume thats what you mean). just extremely frustrating that my new dodge charger has such a better stereo system and functionality than the 100k+ granturismo. aside from this one thing i could not be happier with the car, just very frustrating having to stick my head into the glove to change a song. even if there was a jack in the center of darh, or even in armrest, at least can drive and change the music.

Dean

·
Registered
450 Posts
Going back to an old post.

I as loading up a USB stick to work in a new car. That car has not arrived yet but I tested it in a loan BMW and it worked great with artist, album and track search options. I also tried it in my Maser and it just lists all the tracks in 17 groups of about 30 tracks each which are alphabetic within the group but there appears to be no logic as to which tracks appear in each group. There is no way to vary the listings on the Maserati so it's pretty useless. Anyone have any idea what to do here?

PS I have the full USB socket on my car.

PPS I loaded lots of CDs onto the Jukebox when I got the car so it's not a big problem just something to interest me on winter evenings!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts