Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
I can't comment on the "best' color but after seeing silver and then black, the black is for me hands down the color that best brings out the detail of the car's graceful lines.

So, my vote is for the darker colors.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmmmmm I wonder........
What is better....
Monica Belucci wearing ..... nothing or Monica Belucci wearing..... nothing
Probably Monica Belucci wearing nothing:D :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe

One of our customers ordered theirs in Bordeaux. When I placed the order I cringed. But after seeing the color on a 612...I am very anxious to see the car in the flesh. I think its going to be one of the very best colors for this car. This car will be the first one we get in and if anyone is interested, I will post photos of it on here. You can see photos of the bordeax 612 on Fchat.

·
Registered
793 Posts
One of our customers ordered theirs in Bordeaux. When I placed the order I cringed. But after seeing the color on a 612...I am very anxious to see the car in the flesh. I think its going to be one of the very best colors for this car. This car will be the first one we get in and if anyone is interested, I will post photos of it on here. You can see photos of the bordeax 612 on Fchat.
What color interior was opted in this one? Cuoio, tan?

That could be a risky choice.

The color could be nice but i am finding out that unusual colors do not resell well.

Pictures always welcomed.

·
Registered
660 Posts
What color interior was opted in this one? Cuoio, tan?

That could be a risky choice.

The color could be nice but i am finding out that unusual colors do not resell well.

Pictures always welcomed.
Hope not Cuoio as it is too "orangy" and does not contrast/sit well with Bordeaux (which I guess -not having seen the palette- is close to the Rosso Bologna in the 3200 range). Tan was the "de facto" match with Rosso Bologna in the 3200 (or when ordered as "special paint" in the 4200s) and the "touch" would be Cuoio piping.

David B has recently posted his RB 4200 for sale here, check

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3257

and that would give an indea of what the color looks like (or I think would look like). You can also see on a photo of his door the contrast with Tan hide (looks very soft but it's not Avorio) and Cuoio inserts... imagine that 100% in Cuoio... a bit of of an eye stresser...

It is a stunning color, but agree one of a kind and reselling could prove tough... people tend to go to "safer" choices, which in a "big" car means black (to my taste a bit tame, high risk of becoming out of fashion) or gunmetal grey or dark blue. My GS is gunmetal (or Grigio Palladio) which is very rare here and it is a guaranteed neck turner (well, it was formerly one of the 2 GS in Maserati UK press fleet... so it was spec'ed with THAT in mind...) but reckon it might be a bit on the softer side on the GT...

My 4200 was Verde Mistral, again, and out-of-spec palette in the 4200 with Tan interior and Cuoio piping on dash only. Everyone who has seen the car in the flesh admired it, "stunning color" (which it is) as almost invariable reaction. It was meant for me, well, that's why I ordered it..! But at the time of off-loading... it took a while to find its bride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Best Colors. . .I can't imagine, because I've only seen the car in photos. . .However, I've got a carbon black coupe with red leather and black inserts, and it's beautiful. So, I'd suggest something along that line.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Interior on the Bordeaux GranTurismo is going to be Grigio Ghiaccio(light grey) with Bordeaux stitching.
Hummmm... that's an interesting combo... have to see that anyway in the flesh to be convinced, but shows guts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Can you special order the Ferrari color Grigio Silverstone? That is my favorite (toaday anyway).
Any pix of grigio granito?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Troesma,

Thanks for the great detail in your explanation.

As I stated unusual colors have a limited shelf life. There has been a 360 spider in green with tan interior for sale in the San diego area for more than 2 years. The car is stunning in person, but it's a hard sell.

The Gran turismo is stunning in dark colors as the lines stand out better. Black is not dull as well as the grays. You ahve to see the car in person to understand best.

Color is a personal choice of course but if it's unusual to buyers it's hard to sell w/o a sunstantial loss.

If you spend $120K on a new model and the color combos are not right, it could be a kiss of death.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Troesma,

Thanks for the great detail in your explanation.

As I stated unusual colors have a limited shelf life. There has been a 360 spider in green with tan interior for sale in the San diego area for more than 2 years. The car is stunning in person, but it's a hard sell.

The Gran turismo is stunning in dark colors as the lines stand out better. Black is not dull as well as the grays. You ahve to see the car in person to understand best.

Color is a personal choice of course but if it's unusual to buyers it's hard to sell w/o a sunstantial loss.

If you spend $120K on a new model and the color combos are not right, it could be a kiss of death.
Cheers.

There is inevitable tension, at the end of the day, when trying to match your specific preferences to what "the market" prefers, unless, of course, your preferences are the "average" ones... In the end when you buy a car you do it primarly for your enjoyment, so the color combo has (ideally) to be what suits you best. It is your money..! In the "ideal" world, however, resale values do not enter the equation. So that's where the tension emerges: buying something you want vs its future resale, assuming, of course, you are at one of the people the tail of the distribution...

My resale of the 03 Coupe was slow, had to go downwards on price but no-one took away for the the enjoyment and pleasure of owning such an exquisite example IMHO.

·
Registered
793 Posts
... In the end when you buy a car you do it primarly for your enjoyment, so the color combo has (ideally) to be what suits you best. It is your money..!
I am a very equity based person. So, I don't buy on emotion. I do buy to enjoy the purchase but I am also very concerned about the longterm value of the purchase.

... In the "ideal" world, however, resale values do not enter the equation.
Let me assure you that for me it very much does. That's the essense of the "equity" term I mentioned.

So that's where the tension emerges: buying something you want vs its future resale, assuming, of course, you are at one of the people the tail of the distribution...
Never any tension for me. I don't but on emotion or with the "I have to have it" attitude. That specifically prevents any "tension" and ensures that Ihave made a very careful decision as to: #1) do I really need this, and 2). Is this a good place for me to invest my $.

That's why real estate has more value to me than cars.

·
Registered
660 Posts
No problems with your POV at all; was just making a general statement and, of course, there are those who weight all the options (including resale value high on the list) before buying a car.

I have a different attitude to cars, seeing them pretty much as a consumable (besides any collector's item, which I do catalogue at par to real estate... that is, as an investment) than bricks and mortar... if I had to worry about depreciation, I would have never bought some cars which gave me great enjoyment.

But each to its own... :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I recently saw a Black GT and a White GT and I must say the White car looked better. Something about the way those voluptuous fenders (for lack of a better term), particularly the rear, come to an abrupt end on a vertical angle. It just looks terrible and the dark colors seems to exaggerate this poor design element.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts