Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
limited because of what? also can someone explain the new Granturismo's shifter on the floor; I read it is paddle so what is the shifter for; reverse like the CC?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Do a search on MC Victory.

GT is an AT. the shifter is eh, for shifting may be? it is not on the floor.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The MC was a special edition gransport. Suede interior, snazzy metal batge in the consol with #/180 (only 180 made) and italian flags on the sides.

The granturismo is a true automatic.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The MC was a special edition gransport. Suede interior, snazzy metal batge in the consol with #/180 (only 180 made) and italian flags on the sides.

The granturismo is a true automatic.
i said do a search because you will get a better answer.

alcantara is not suede....

the MC Victory features race seats (similar to MC12), blue CF parts including front and rear spoilers. the steering wheel are std alcantara with optional CF.

option of the Victory Blue paint.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
M,

A lot of people do not know what an "alcantara stitch" is, and it may have lead to more discussion explaining it. So, I said "suede"; while it may not be suede, it is pretty close.

Suede-like, psuedo-suede, non- bonafide suede, suede supplement, artificial suede, imitation suede, fake suede, cloth with the general appearance of suede

Any of those also work. However, since I was on my blackberry, and I was a bit tired, I said suede.

The MCV was created to celebrate the 2005 victory of the FIA GT. (Fun Fact: Some say that THAT is actually where the "victory" part came from, while others say it is because the car looks a bit like it would be a victor, and thus Guigiaro suggested "Victor-y")

It was designed to be a bit more of a track ready race car, and less of a "luxury sedan". You can tell this by the blue carbon fiber seats that M brought up; it also has carbon fiber paddles... STANDARD! (Fun Fact: Carbon fiber seats are not only for aestetic reasons; they also make the car go fast. As do the carbon fiver paddles. Since they are carbon fiber, there is less mass in the paddle, thus shifting is faster! This is a bit like the unexplained "Spoiler and Exhaust cannon" Phenomena that Japanese Economy cars use to be able to reach blazingly fast 1/4 times.)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M, sorry BUT THERE IS A SHIFTER on the floor!

From what I read and it appeared there was A PADDLE SHIFTER in the wheel; but there is also a shifter/gear lever on the floor-console, hence my question!
IS this car not a paddle shifter or is the shifter on the floor like a tiptronic; just going by what is in the pictures.......dogdoc

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hey DogDoc,

The shifters on the wheels are not f1 paddles, rather they are sort of the same as the shifters on a mercedes benz, automatic transmission with paddles to "ask the transmission politely" if it feels like changing to the next gear ;]

·
Registered
528 Posts
From what I read and it appeared there was A PADDLE SHIFTER in the wheel; but there is also a shifter/gear lever on the floor-console, hence my question!
IS this car not a paddle shifter or is the shifter on the floor like a tiptronic; just going by what is in the pictures.......dogdoc
I am a M/T guy, but I think the shifter on the floor you are referring to is to select Forward or Reverse.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
M,

A lot of people do not know what an "alcantara stitch" is, and it may have lead to more discussion explaining it. So, I said "suede"; while it may not be suede, it is pretty close.

Suede-like, psuedo-suede, non- bonafide suede, suede supplement, artificial suede, imitation suede, fake suede, cloth with the general appearance of suede

Any of those also work. However, since I was on my blackberry, and I was a bit tired, I said suede.

The MCV was created to celebrate the 2005 victory of the FIA GT. (Fun Fact: Some say that THAT is actually where the "victory" part came from, while others say it is because the car looks a bit like it would be a victor, and thus Guigiaro suggested "Victor-y")

It was designed to be a bit more of a track ready race car, and less of a "luxury sedan". You can tell this by the blue carbon fiber seats that M brought up; it also has carbon fiber paddles... STANDARD! (Fun Fact: Carbon fiber seats are not only for aestetic reasons; they also make the car go fast. As do the carbon fiver paddles. Since they are carbon fiber, there is less mass in the paddle, thus shifting is faster! This is a bit like the unexplained "Spoiler and Exhaust cannon" Phenomena that Japanese Economy cars use to be able to reach blazingly fast 1/4 times.)
you are correct.
i, for one, do not know what an "alcantara stitch" is.
Please explain.

again, alcantara is not suede. as you answer with "Suede interior" for the MCV. that is incorrect. you could have typed "suede like interior" but you will not saved the 4 key strokes on your blackberry.

i truly believe the gentlemen in the maserati forum are more than sophisticated enough to know the difference between alcantara and suede.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
dogdoc, sorry but there is something wrong..

yes there appears to be a paddle shifter and a gear lever in the GT.
.. just like the QP AT. (std on the QP Sport GT AT, optional on the others QP AT).

and many, many other cars. very very normal cars.
MB have them as buttons before, now paddles on the AMG's.
lexus have them as buttons.
MINI have them as paddles. (AT and CVT)

all are automatic transmission. nothing unusual.

as we pointed out already, the GT is an AUTOMATIC, and having a shifter on the console plus paddles on the wheels is not uncommon.

unless you have a DB9, then you only get paddles on the wheel but no shifter on the 'floor'...

or a 7er or alpina B7, then your shifter is on the steering wheel as well along with your butttons.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yup, the gransport mc victory & the gransport both have the cambicorsa box, so have paddles on the steering wheel (for those who haven't seen - left for down & right for up) the stick in the console is for selecting reverse or drive (1st\auto) the rest is done on the paddles (or auto mode). As somone as already pointed out, it's a manual box with servo's.

btw, the changes between the gransport & the MC victory are cosmetic, the big give away being the carbon seats & the blue carbon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As fade2grey has mentioned the changes on the 'victory' car is basically aesthetic - the extra bits on the GS front back are in CF, italian flag & victory blue colour. The biggest change in the interior would be the MC12 racing seats and the lots of CF in the trim plus the numbered plaque. The drivetrain is supposed to be from the mc12 as well to improve the handling (
as mentioned by bimbo). A very nice package which is basically a dressed up GS. It does look pretty 'fierce' but one has to decide if it's worth the extra moolah for the extra bits. Personally the biggest draw for me are the seats : )

·
Registered
217 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words . . . and since there must be about a thousand pictures in this ebay add, that's a lot of words :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Maserati-GranSport-MC-VICTORY-6K-MI-ONLY-180-MADE_W0QQitemZ230209119217QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The cosemtic differences are pretty clear in the photos. I did a search and it looks like the difference in MSRP between the MCV and the LE was only ~$4K. Seems like the seats alone would be a good chunk of that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the mc 12 drivetrain is a v12 engine from the enzo lol.
whoops - wrong choice of words there. haha! I think everyone gets the picture it's supposed to be a better steering in the victory and not the v12 engine:D The one on ebay in the link by paunch is black and doesnt do the car justice, the CF parts dont stand out so much. the victory blue is much better in highlighting the CF parts. I had a look at one recently but the owner was asking for a crazy price albeit the car was as good as new with low miles on it. A little off topic but is the victory blue on the MC the same colour as on the 90th anniversary spyder? It looks different to me.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
now u understand the problem with one person recapping another...

i read that link 2x and see nothing about mc12 drivetrain...

the winglets and larger front CF spoiler supposedly add more downforce to the front end at whatever speed, and hence the 'improved handling'...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
whoops - wrong choice of words there. haha! I think everyone gets the picture it's supposed to be a better steering in the victory and not the v12 engine:D The one on ebay in the link by paunch is black and doesnt do the car justice, the CF parts dont stand out so much. the victory blue is much better in highlighting the CF parts. I had a look at one recently but the owner was asking for a crazy price albeit the car was as good as new with low miles on it. A little off topic but is the victory blue on the MC the same colour as on the 90th anniversary spyder? It looks different to me.
victory blue, anniversary blue are different.
victory blue is darker. anniversary blue is very metallic.

the black MCV is nice. not sure about its history.. why no warranty... hmm...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts