Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not too many of us our late 30's early 40's. I guess they are all busy raising kids. :D Anyway, I'm 37 and a loan officer for a small (but growing), sub-prime mortgage company. My wife and I share a 2005 GS.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Am 41, definately not retired (but working on it) and a partner in a City law firm in London. Have also just started a real estate development company to try and give me a pension fund. Bought my first Maserati 6 months ago (after a number of M series bimmers) a '03 Coupe GT but it has spent the last 8 weeks with dealer and now Maserati Uk to try and resolve engine vibration issue. Now looking like out of balance crank, thankfully covered by extended warranty we get in the UK. Am missing it massively. Cheers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
34, married (no kids though) and am a VP for a large U.S Financial Institution in their London office.
Just ordered a tubi for my 03 Coupe...can't wait!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
.....very late 30s....(in detail of the big b'day coming up). I work in the technology policy area for Oracle.
Maserati is about to go off warranty in December, but I will probably keep it. I can't think of anything else that could replace it for $50K. I also have a vintage V12 Ferrari 250 GTE and a 1967 Cadillac deVille Convertible (typical for a European living in the US).
I live in Silicon Valley, CA.
With enough patience, and with the appropriate wife tax paid I hope to graduate from the bottom feeder position in the exotic car world (2+2s). I like them Gallardos, for example.....
:)

·
Registered
681 Posts
MikeA said:
Well, shit. I can't even be older than Bundas. I am 59, and fully/completely/irrevocable retired. As in never working again if I can help it.
All these 30 +/- year olds with Masers are making me feel really old. I am not begrudging you guys/gals, but I had to wait a lot longer to get the funds/balls/whatever to make the jump.
Enjoy your cars.
My next car is one of three - a new Maser if they keep their act together on the next generation, or next most likely a Gallardo, or, if they decide to sell me one at MSRP, an F430. I know the jump from a Maser to a G or F430 is huge, but I am hooked on these cars. Lets hope Maser comes through....
Get your Maser on the track where it really shines!!!!!
Mike
I would have guessed you were 30-35 years old, your vocabulary and voice in general do not sound 59.

Obvious what I do for a living, -06 Coupe GT and previous car was an 02 Spyder CC.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bundas, why the QP you ask?

bundas said:
thanks for the vote on QP4 over AMV8 tell me what was so different? and since i live in boon docks have not available opportunity, mitchell (bundas)
Dont wanna turn this into another thread so Ill try to be brief.
The Aston is a very very very nice car............To look at... ahh the BabyAston.
The QP is an Italian Masterpiece, inside, outside and underneath. the Flagship.
I was astonished at how the car felt under duress, like a coupe, and like a coupe that is BETTER than the Vantage. I can imagine how well the GS drives (dont like the design though.) Im into looks, but I wanna FEEL like Im driving something special too. A four door driving like this???. Complete package.
I was sold strictly on the AMs looks and exclusivity until I drove the QP. For the same price, literally more car and more of an experience.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Kevin
Thanks for the compliment, which is how I will take it!! Many of my friends, and at times my wife, seem to think that I haven't, and never will, grow up!!
They don't mean it as a compliment, of course.
What is your take on the springs being offered on the site for cars like mine with skyhook? Right now I have it lowered with the stock springs.
If you have the time, please either PM me or send a note to [email protected].
Thanks.
Mike

MVP said:
I would have guessed you were 30-35 years old, your vocabulary and voice in general do not sound 59.

Obvious what I do for a living, -06 Coupe GT and previous car was an 02 Spyder CC.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Interesting thread and suprisingly wide spread of people, but there seems to be a concentration of "just turned 30" and "about to turn 60" in here. I just turned 31 with one baby and in my first Maser (QP). I started my own firm in capital markets advisory after spending few long years in M&A and DCM (Investment banking) with large banks in London.

·
Registered
102 Posts
34, married with a 4 yr old son, living central london so clutch life issues on my 2005 QP. The QP is my first maser and i love it. I work as a fixed income fund manager for an asset managment company.
stuart

·
Registered
10 Posts
22 here.

Go to Arizona State U. studying to get a BS in Business Administration. Graduate next May and I don't know what I want to do.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
12 year old video game and animation designer. First million at 10 (that was SO long ago). Own the QP and the coupe GS (Dad drives for now...). I'm one of the ORIGINAL Maserati fans (2002). When I bought, it was a toss up between the "rati" and the Scion. The "rati" is so way cooler even though Megan in my math class likes the H3 better (girls are sooo dumb!)

By the way... What schools do you guys go to?

;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
12 year old video game and animation designer. First million at 10 (that was SO long ago). Own the QP and the coupe GS (Dad drives for now...). I'm one of the ORIGINAL Maserati fans (2002). When I bought, it was a toss up between the "rati" and the Scion. The "rati" is so way cooler even though Megan in my math class likes the H3 better (girls are sooo dumb!)

By the way... What schools do you guys go to?

;)
LOL.... oh it hurts, it hurts...

·
Registered
681 Posts
DeaneG said:
Mike,

I'm about 18 months away from irrevocably retired, too. As for most of those 30 year olds with maseratis - at least us older guys aren't taking out auto loans to finance a lifestyle we hope to someday achieve...

Deane
I took out an auto loan for mine, but it was certaintly not to finance a lifestyle. I wear my $20 jeans, company shirt, and tennis shoes, no jewlery, no big house, nothing. Maserati to me isn't a lifestyle or a way of showing off. It's my passion, it's my life. No matter how much money I make, I'll always own one of these cars whether it's a $2,000 bi-turbo or a $70,000 coupe, or a $1,000,000 MC12.

But then again we all buy them for different reasons.

·
Registered
49 Posts
MargueriteW said:
You have the car that I just gave back to Maserati. It is a lemon. Have you had lots of trouble with yours?
I picked this one up in May this year. when did you give yours back.
and so far no trouble.

41 - 60 of 521 Posts