Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
what we do

every one wants to know, but we generally never ask. thanks for asking. maybe we have all been ready by now. one sure thing here, no one works by the hour. love the cartoon, thanks. so far i have the late advantage. 68 live in the bluegrass country of lexington kentucky usa about 300000 people. home town for almost all those years. 19 maserati, plus others, family, mother sent me to see head doc. i am ok. having a good time. sell gears for transmissions and axles. used and new whole transmissions and axles as well. will make any gear you need, shoukd you not find what is needed. single, not looking. own company, family business since 1926. four employees, sometimes. don't wait if you want enjoy all and thanks for this site, good thing this

·
Registered
191 Posts
34, a physician (allergist) in solo practice. own two clinics in Orange County. anyone have problems with sneezing? :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, VIVA the young guns...

i am 28, but i feel 50. when i was younger i raced touring cars for SCCA, NASA, PCA, and at the end grand-am. i later worked in the technology industry, and finally i have started to diversify and partner/invest in new ventures. my newest thing is "Global Tendencies" ( http://globaltendencies.com ) a design firm that is based in L.A.

i guess all work and no play is the biggest reason for the Maserati's. really i feel 50...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow, surprised to see so many responses, usually (on other forums) it's:
"none of your business" end of thread.

35, Co-Founder of a Real Estate, Mortgage and Investment firm in SoCal.

QP SportGT next month. Took back my deposit on a AMV8 Vantage after I drove the QP...

·
Registered
114 Posts
33 and EMEA Controller for one of the biggest IT companies.
owned Italian cars since I can think, mainly Alfa Romeo's, my
4200 is my second Maser after the 3200.

currently thinking about 'expanding' the family (have already 2 kids
4 and 2 years) and it's time to get an appropriate 'people mover'
for my wife, might be a Cherokee SRT-8 or a Range Sport SC.

'forced' her to a QPV but she doesn't want it.....how the hell?

cheers
iwan

·
Registered
82 Posts
I own a computer consulting company in SE Michigan. As to age - we'll my car color (black metallic) matches the color of my hair.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thanx for all the responses. I guess we all come from different walks of life. It is funny how a car can be the similarity between people who probably normally wouldn't even eat at the same restaurants. Anyway thank you all for your responses. Nice to meet you all(I guess) good luck and great driving!

·
Registered
187 Posts
gransport13 said:
thanx for all the responses. I guess we all come from different walks of life. It is funny how a car can be the similarity between people who probably normally wouldn't even eat at the same restaurants. Anyway thank you all for your responses. Nice to meet you all(I guess) good luck and great driving!
Speaking of restaurants gransport13; Thats where I come in.

I'm 30 and after dealing with my 500 nationwide employees in 35 restuarants I feel 50. I reside in Las Vegas where the bulk of my business is on the strip. If anyone from Maserati Life finds themselves in Sin City please shoot me an email and lunch is on me.

Robb

·
Registered
339 Posts
Robb373 said:
Speaking of restaurants gransport13; Thats where I come in.

I'm 30 and after dealing with my 500 nationwide employees in 35 restuarants I feel 50. I reside in Las Vegas where the bulk of my business is on the strip. If anyone from Maserati Life finds themselves in Sin City please shoot me an email and lunch is on me.

Robb

I'll be in Vegas all next week for SEMA in case anyone from the list is in town too

·
Registered
339 Posts
Motorsports industry

30, recently left world of Aerospace for something closer to my heart. Now my day job I work for a performance wheel company (just take a look at my posts and see what's on my car). Currently averaging 1000 miles a week in the Maser.

All of my spare time is dedicated to http://www.jlowe-racing.com. If anyone ever wants to hear a pitch at how we can offer the best bang for your buck in hospitality efforts just PM me!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, shit. I can't even be older than Bundas. I am 59, and fully/completely/irrevocable retired. As in never working again if I can help it.
All these 30 +/- year olds with Masers are making me feel really old. I am not begrudging you guys/gals, but I had to wait a lot longer to get the funds/balls/whatever to make the jump.
Enjoy your cars.
My next car is one of three - a new Maser if they keep their act together on the next generation, or next most likely a Gallardo, or, if they decide to sell me one at MSRP, an F430. I know the jump from a Maser to a G or F430 is huge, but I am hooked on these cars. Lets hope Maser comes through....
Get your Maser on the track where it really shines!!!!!
Mike

·
Registered
722 Posts
MikeA said:
Well, shit. I can't even be older than Bundas. I am 59, and fully/completely/irrevocable retired
Mike,

I'm about 18 months away from irrevocably retired, too. As for most of those 30 year olds with maseratis - at least us older guys aren't taking out auto loans to finance a lifestyle we hope to someday achieve...

Deane

·
Registered
339 Posts
DeaneG said:
Mike,

I'm about 18 months away from irrevocably retired, too. As for most of those 30 year olds with maseratis - at least us older guys aren't taking out auto loans to finance a lifestyle we hope to someday achieve...

Deane

Company car :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ouch. In the UK, if you were to run a 4200 as a company car you would be looking at a £600 per month tax bill for the benefit. Best to keep them out of the company here!

·
Registered
339 Posts
surfnirnava said:
Ouch. In the UK, if you were to run a 4200 as a company car you would be looking at a £600 per month tax bill for the benefit. Best to keep them out of the company here!
No tax here like that, but the other costs of running 1,000 miles per week are far exceeding my car allowance, the reason the car is now for sale. Although it's possible to have as a daily driver, it's just not practical for the mileage I do and at this point I have to cut back on some of the toys in my garage and have an all around-practical vehicle (thinking cayenne turbo). If I wanted a car that was just a weekend fun car I would have bought something with a horse or bull on the hood.

If anyone is interested in an '05 mint CC send me a PM

·
Registered
773 Posts
swil

thanks for the vote on QP4 over AMV8 tell me what was so different? and since i live in boon docks have not available opportunity, mitchell (bundas)

21 - 40 of 521 Posts