Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Better than going to see..

The Rolling Stones live... That's very nice!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Are you getting aftermarket sport cats for your car?

I've seen a nice pair (as per may email to you sometime ago) from a shop in Yokohama and I am very keen on getting them installed.

·
Registered
431 Posts
cats removed

sounds impressive! Did you get any cel issues?

any change in performance?

any change in fuel consumption?

did you remove all four cat? I mean I understand that there are two pre-cats and two further cats down the exhaust system. I just love my tubis and there arent enough tunnels where I live.

Although my exhausts are loud no one complains because the sound of a Ferrari engine with TUBIs is just exhilirating!! Definitely best bang for your buck!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds impressive! Did you get any cel issues?

any change in performance?

any change in fuel consumption?

did you remove all four cat? I mean I understand that there are two pre-cats and two further cats down the exhaust system. I just love my tubis and there arent enough tunnels where I live.

Although my exhausts are loud no one complains because the sound of a Ferrari engine with TUBIs is just exhilirating!! Definitely best bang for your buck!

The car has an AMAZING high end... I can get to about 100 mph by the time I am off the on ramp... I am hoping that adding the sport cats will give me the low end as well...

Fuel consumption didnt change much... it may have even gotten better?

I removed both the pre-cats and the two cats donw the system.

The CEL is on at the moment, but it just says that the cats are not warming up... nothing about NOT HAVING THEM!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It sounds great!

I remember Jeff saying that removing the cats would make the car sound like a Camaro, but your car doesn't at all.

Why don't you keep it like that?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is so amazingly loud it is to the point of being obnoxious...

I got a ticket three days after the modification as I pulled out of my driveway in the morning because the officer said it shook her car... she was cool though, didint turn in the ticket.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Does it sound like a Camaro? :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey Ali, how'd you get rid of the pre-cats? They're part of the manifolds. Did you gut them?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The cats got broken up and clogged my exhaust. I gutted them rather than paying appx 25k for new cats.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had my mechanic do it... Didny have to remove the headers...

He cut them open, gutted them, and welded them shut..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.