Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati goes way back, before Ferrari. How many people know about these? Are most of the cars in museums now? If your an owner of a vintage Maserati what kind of things would you like to see for a vintage section.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vintage masers

Have restored a 3500GT and a 68 Quatro. Can offer tips re: parts etc. if anyone interested.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Vintage masers

cliff said:
Have restored a 3500GT and a 68 Quatro. Can offer tips re: parts etc. if anyone interested.
Cliff sounds great! Welcome to the forum. What was the condition when you started the project? Do you have some pictures? (looks like I need to install that attachment feature).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Andrew,
The Quatro was in good shape, only minor cosmetics. The 62 3500 was a basket case I bought for $1800. Needed everything. When finished I sold it to Joe Alphabet in Hunninton Beach CA for $27,500. under stand he immediatly sold to a Japanise collector for bunches more. oh well...exotic restoration is not for the feint of heart. Am now enjoying my Cambio Corso that needs nothing more than an occaisonal wash.
Have photos of the others (somewhere) will have to dig them out.
Cliff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Hello everyone. Since this site seems to be very new, I thought I would state for the general public what my Maserati expertience has been to date.

Not much unfortunately: I grew up partially in rural Maryland (USA), where a neighbor owned a beautiful 1972 Indy 4.9. He also had a beautifiul daughter the same age as me, so the two are inextricably intertwined. (Can anyone beat that?)

He also owned a 1957 Ferrari 250 Boano, a 1967 Aston Martin DB6, an unrestored (late 50s) M-B 300 SL etc., but those are stories for another webiste....)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Andrew
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing