Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the FD mods installed, now when I open my car with the remote(key) the car responds with 5 quick beeps.

You know when your car's alarm goes off and you are not around and when you come back and press the key the car beeps, kind of letting you know that something happened when you were gone. Like those.

I was wondering if it's some kind of signal that something is wrong, but there's no warning lights on the dash, and the car is running great.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Beep Beep!

Niteroi.
Nothing to worry about. I had these beeps before when my alarm wasnt working. Now my alarm is working (thanks to putting back a clip), my car doesnt beep anymore. I would like the beeps back to let me know that my car is arming/disarming rather than looking to see if the indicator lights are flashing three times or not.

This could be a feature which could be turned on/off depending upon market the car was intended for e.g. German market is quite strict on sound/noise from alarm.

Could someone investigate further about what sort of alarm is installed in our cars. That would be great!

cheers!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, 007.

It didn't happen this morning, so maybe it's gone. But you are right, it's hard sometimes to know if the alarm is set up or not, those beep were helpful!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is that not the tracker letting you know that it has been disabled?
Ignition ON with the NAVTRAK system gives three beeps if you are carrying the "security token" and five beeps if not. If the battery dies in the token you will also get five beeps.
If this is the cause you should soon get a call from the tracking company!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a track system. At least not that I'm aware of...

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you have one of these fitted and don't know it you would always hear five beeps shortly after ignition on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts